Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/11/2004 1:09:03 PM EST
"This is not representative of the values of the Islam I know," he says as he cuts man's throat

Anmesty International Vows a Vigorous Inquiry Into the Outrage; The International Red Cross Alleges, "We warned the world about the abuses of Muslim/Arab terorists last winter"

W A S H I N G T O N -- Horrified by the "disgusting" images of a defenseless American prisoner having his head cut off on videotape, Arab and Muslim leaders throughout the world went on Al Jazeera to apologize for the "abhorrent" abuse.

"I am sickened by the images I saw," said Bashar Assad of Syria. "I want to know precisely who is responsible for the failure in command here. And I don't care how high up the chain of command we have to go for justice."

The Muslim-American advocacy group CAIR immediately sprang to make no arguments of moral equivalency of any kind. "This is simply unacceptable behavior," a spokesman said. "This is barbarous. This is vicious. This is not merely anti-Islam, but more importantly, it's anti-human."

Extremist Muslims throughout the world immediately downloaded the graphically violent images, and then did not sing out "Allah is Great, he has given us this great victory over the infidels" a single time. "Political disagreements are one thing," said an extremist Muslim Imam living on the British government's dime in London. "The Israel-Palestinian dispute is another thing. But if we are to call ourselves human, to call ourselves men of genuine honor, there are certain standards of simple decency that must be observed and can never be compromised, no matter how angry someone might be."

Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat immediately went on the air to deliver a forty-minute long speech denouncing the "cruel and shameful act" and cautioning Muslims that "we must make more effort to live up to the great ideals of our religion and our traditions." His full-throated condemnation of the murder, occasionally requiring him to take a break in order to compose himself and wipe away his tears, consipicuously did not include any attempts to minimize or mitigate the atrocity by invoking "Zionism" or "Muslim humiliation."

Left-wing newspapers throughout Europe immediately ran the disturbing photos of the butchery with headlines uncompromising and unstinting in their condemnation of the savagery. The Hidden Face of Evil blared Le Monde. The leftist press vowed to treat this violation with all of the intensity it had treated the revelations of the mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners by Americans. "Politics is politics," said a senior editor at The Guardian (UK). "But politics must never, under any circumstances, lessen our desire to condemn inhumanity."

Even ABCNews' anchorman Peter Jennings was philosophical about the animalistic act. "Simple depravity is inexcusable under any context," he said. "This outrage certainly puts the Iraqi prisoner abuse story in context. ABCNews will henceforth better endeavor to keep a sense of proportion when reporting certain stories, even when reporting those stories we believe can be used politically against the American military or to Republican administrations."

New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd appeared visibly shaken after witnessing the brutal act. "It certainly reminds us of what the real issues are in the world today," she said. "This is a serious time, and it demands serious thought and yes, sometimes serious actions. I'll be putting aside my typical cutesy word-play and girlish name-calling in order to devote my column to exposing the viciousness and barbarity of the animals who have declared war on civilization itself."

Left-wing blogger TheDailyKos simply put up a stark image of the beheading and refrained from posting for the entire day. "I just felt there was no need for words," he said. "There are no words. This man was decapitated for simply attempting to bring the benefits of technology to the world's poor. He was a mercenary-- a Mercenary in the Army of Humanity."

Cartoonist Ted Rall announced that he "had no plans at the moment" to draw a cartoon making light of the man's death, or savaging his family's public reaction to the tragedy. "That's sooooo 2002," he said. "I'm above that."

Campaigning in Missouri, Democratic nominee John Kerry shared his outrage for the crime and his sympathy for Mr. Berg's family. He made no effort to claim that the butchery was due to George Bush's "reckless and arrogant" foreign policy, or that the killers would have been mollified had the Coalition included French troops. "Politics stops at the knife's edge," a Kerry aide said, seething with fury not at his fellow countrymen who oppose his political agenda, but rather at the Al Qaeda terrorists who threaten uys all.

In related news, engineers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory announced that they had successfully granted a 200-pound sow the power of flight. "We just grafted four pairs of condor wings on to the pig," said Henry Fields, project manager of the Winged Wilbur project. "You should see that pig fly. It's something to behold, I'll tell you. And we're going to need flying pig technology in the future, given the widespread effects of global environmental change. The latest reports of the temperatures plummeting in Hell should be a warning to us all."

www.ace.mu.nu/

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:12:26 PM EST
Fuck islam. I'd fucking cut the heads off every muslim extremist you people would bring me right now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:13:26 PM EST
They're scared. Immediately after 9/11 they were scared. Remember what happened then? They continued acting like savages. Nothing more than window dressing. Nothing has changed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:13:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:15:34 PM EST
I"ll believe that they apologized when I see it on FOX.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:16:06 PM EST
For the satire-impaired, re-read the last paragraph.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:16:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
if this is true then that video scarred them shitless. That is the first time i can remember ever hearing the muslim "leadership" apologize for anything. It's past time to get medievil with this trash.

mike

It's a joke
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:17:03 PM EST
Thats a joke right?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:17:46 PM EST

if this is true then that video scarred them shitless. That is the first time i can remember ever hearing the muslim "leadership" apologize for anything. It's past time to get medievil with this trash.

mike

It's fictional sarcasm.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:17:58 PM EST
Apologize ?!?!?!
FUCK YOU AND FUCK ALL YOU MUSLIM COCKROACHES !!
I don't want your apologies, I WANT YOU DEAD !!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:18:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:20:32 PM EST
Flying pigs would be useful in our war against Islamic terror.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:20:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2004 1:47:37 PM EST by cyanide]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:21:15 PM EST
I knew that it wasn't true that's why I said I'd believe it when I saw it on FOX.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:21:32 PM EST
I think that's some tongue-in-cheek piece. If the muslims extremists could get their hands on American women and children, they would cut their heads off on video as well. They won't be satisfied until all Jews are killed and all Christians are either dead or have converted to Islam. If it wasn't an election year, then Bush could actually do what is needed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:21:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:21:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2004 1:23:07 PM EST by SteyrAUG]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:22:13 PM EST
C'mon guys... as stated directly above... NO freakin Muslim leaders have apologized for this. Why would they? They didn't after 9/11. The pigs flying news should have been a good indicator...
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:22:36 PM EST
DOH
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:25:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:25:52 PM EST
Too little too late.

Reap what you sow.

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:26:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By DOW:
They're scared. Immediately after 9/11 they were scared. Remember what happened then? They continued acting like savages. Nothing more than window dressing. Nothing has changed.

Just guessing, but I think the reference to JPL launching a pig is a hint.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:28:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:32:42 PM EST
Although humor in dark times is important, my opinion is that this particular little piece is out of order.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:36:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By raf:

mike

TBS, I think you missed the point of the article. Go back and read the last para, the one about the flying pigs.

So pigs can fly? I don't get it
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:40:26 PM EST
I bit until they mentioned Ted Rall.

Um, too early.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:41:36 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:41:57 PM EST
I'll believe this shit when pigs fl.......
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:41:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By CITADELGRAD87:

Originally Posted By DOW:

Just guessing, but I think the reference to JPL launching a pig is a hint.

Yeah. I get the dumbass award for that one
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:05:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:13:41 PM EST
The reason these asswipes are denouncing this act is because it now overshadows the immate mistreatment at Abu Ghibran (sp)! Pretty much makes anything the MP's did look pretty petty now!
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:18:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:19:24 PM EST
I read 2 paragraphs...then started looking for the punch line. I just watched the video again, for the first time with the sound up high enough that I could follow it. Sorry, not in a laughing mood, though it was a good attempt.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:20:58 PM EST
To little to late......

and I dont believe them never have, never will.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:21:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By eodtech2000:
The reason these asswipes are denouncing this act is because it now overshadows the immate mistreatment at Abu Ghibran (sp)! Pretty much makes anything the MP's did look pretty petty now!

Read this:

Today you reprinted in The Corner some reactions to the Abu Gharib story from readers actually deployed in Iraq. I've just returned home from my Iraq rotation: when I was there, I worked for a unit that (among other things) interrogated high-value detainees -- the "deck of cards" and others. Not only did we have no abuse problem, we had just the opposite: our MP's were too nice to the detainees. It was sort of a reverse Stockholm Syndrome. We had to screen some raw documentary footage for the MPs, showing them explicitly the sort of atrocities committed by the former regime. After that they understood that no matter how friendly and harmless they might seem now, these guys are seriously bad dudes who did some seriously evil things. Of course we still had to treat them humanely and wouldn't have dreamt of doing otherwise, but we also didn't want the detainees forgetting that they were in prison, not a slightly down-market summer camp or retirement home.

Why was Abu Gharib different? Lots of reasons, probably -- but from my own experience, which included working with detainees and MPs and interrogators, I can say that the abusive behavior by the guards there was not only atypical but exactly the opposite of what I saw.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:35:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:38:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By DonS:
Flying pigs would be useful in our war against Islamic terror.

yeah, and the cold weather in hell. arabs don't like cold weather

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:40:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/11/2004 3:41:43 PM EST by pale_pony]
Tell it to Allah, you'll get your chance soon bastards!
Top Top