Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/13/2006 2:47:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 1:59:46 PM EDT by NAKED-GUNMAN]
For about the tenth time...I hope this is it.

Zawahiri

Jan. 13, 2006 — Today, according to Pakistani military sources, U.S. aircraft attacked a compound known to be frequented by high level al Qaeda operatives. Pakistani officials tell ABC News that al Qaeda leader Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant, may have been among them.

U.S. intelligence for the last few days indicated that Zawahiri might be in the location or about to arrive, although there is still no confirmation from U.S. officials that he was among the victims.

""..Pakistani officials tell ABC News that the bodies of the five suspected al Qaeda figures will be recovered at first light in Pakistan, but it will still take a day or two for any kind of positive identification. U.S. officials in Washington did not provide a comment."

Update

Al-Qaida's second-in-command was not at the site of a U.S. airstrike on a Pakistan village near the Afghan border that killed at least 17 people, two senior Pakistani officials said Saturday.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject, said that Pakistan's own investigation concluded that Ayman al-Zawahri was not in the village of Damadola.

"Their information was wrong, and our investigations conclude that they acted on a false information," said a senior intelligence official who has direct knowledge of the investigations launched by Pakistan to look into the attacks.

Separately, a senior government official told AP that al-Zawahri was not present at the homes which were attacked.

"He was not there, and this is what we know after a detailed probe" into the incident, he said.

Pakistan's government was expected to formally issue its reaction on the attack later Saturday.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:48:44 PM EDT
to be completely honest. I think Bin Laden, Al Zarwahiri and Al Zarqawi(sp?) are all dead
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:07:36 PM EDT
............That's what CNN's reporting..........
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:08:18 PM EDT
This would be a good thing. It would make me do the happy dance. I hope they bury him in the US so we can visit his grave and piss on it.

-K
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:09:09 PM EDT
Couldn't have happended to a nicer guy!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:11:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:11:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 52brandon:
to be completely honest. I think Bin Laden, Al Zarwahiri and Al Zarqawi(sp?) are all dead

yep so i have thought since tora-bora..

but if this above is true (never happen). I WANT HIM STUFFED AND MOUNTED NUDE IN A KNEELING POSTURE WITH A RABID GOAT HAVING ITS WAY WITH HIM. PUT IT ON DISPLAY IN THE ADULTS ONLY PART OF THE SMITHSONIAN.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:11:28 PM EDT
Splat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:12:27 PM EDT
Good!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:13:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 3:13:26 PM EDT by Midnight-Sniper]

Originally Posted By NAKED-GUNMAN:

Zawahiri

Jan. 13, 2006 — Today, according to Pakistani military sources, U.S. aircraft attacked a compound known to be frequented by high level al Qaeda operatives. Pakistani officials tell ABC News that al Qaeda leader Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant, may have been among them.

U.S. intelligence for the last few days indicated that Zawahiri might be in the location or about to arrive, although there is still no confirmation from U.S. officials that he was among the victims.

""..Pakistani officials tell ABC News that the bodies of the five suspected al Qaeda figures will be recovered at first light in Pakistan, but it will still take a day or two for any kind of positive identification. U.S. officials in Washington did not provide a comment."

Did no one else catch this? Refer to text in red.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:20:57 PM EDT
Michael Ledeen says his sources in Iran say bin Laden died there recently from kidney failure. They said he had been hiding out there for some time.

the whole bin Laden kidney issue is a mystery. Some people say he had damaged kidneys, others say he was fine.

So who knows, we may have gotten a twofer in the last month, the top two figures in al Qaeda.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:21:05 PM EDT
Until this news, Zawahiri has definitely been alive and kicking. Correspondence and announcements about events in Iraq support that. There was a close call when we almost nabbed SOMEONE in Pakistan, but they used tunnels to escape the Paki army cordon around their farm house, but that was several years ago.

I really hope we got him. He's sort of the "Karl Rove" of al-Qaeda.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:21:39 PM EDT
We will never know or be told for sure, they don't want to make these a.holes martyrs for the jihad
but we can hope it is true.
CNN would want this to be true so they can say the war is now over and we should bring our troops home.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:23:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Midnight-Sniper:

Zawahiri

I also find the Pakistani comments interesting. How do they know there were five and how do they know the bodies will still be there?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:14:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bmick325:

Zawahiri

I also find the Pakistani comments interesting. How do they know there were five and how do they know the bodies will still be there?

From the Predator feed that we shared with them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:16:03 PM EDT
Dupedy dupe.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:22:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By crazyhorse705:
Pakistani officials say U.S. aircraft, apparently CIA Predator drones, fired as many as 10 missiles at the residential compound.

If this bit is true we're not talking about some Predator patrolling the skies and lucking out. This was a premeditated strike. We knew where he was or would be and decided not to take any chances. Which means we got some badassed intel.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:24:31 PM EDT
R.I.P. Go To Hell Ass.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:25:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bmick325:

Zawahiri

They have a insider/agent/local feeding them information.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:26:55 PM EDT
Most of those fucks are probably hiding in Pakistan thinking the U.S. won't go there to get them.

No more.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:28:46 PM EDT
I'm seriously going to bust out the champagne if we got this guy or Bin Laden. Zawahiri's the a-hole who planned/ordered the assassination of Sadat for making peace with Israel. He steered Bin Laden into declaring jihad against the US instead of fighting infidels in Muslim countries. He's directly responsible for many of the threats and dangers facing the US today. I can't wait till he's dead dead dead.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:39:46 PM EDT
At the very least, our boys got five Al Qaeda who were apparently important enough to warrant a meeting with Zawahiri. That's not too shabby on it's own.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:44:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:
I'm seriously going to bust out the champagne if we got this guy or Bin Laden. Zawahiri's the a-hole who planned/ordered the assassination of Sadat for making peace with Israel. He steered Bin Laden into declaring jihad against the US instead of fighting infidels in Muslim countries. He's directly responsible for many of the threats and dangers facing the US today. I can't wait till he's dead dead dead.

+1

I'm going to celebrate when it's confirmed Zawahiri's dead.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:46:20 PM EDT
The story is beginning to get serious legs. It may be legit this time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:47:40 PM EDT
So where did the bombing take place? Pakistan?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:50:16 PM EDT
Hell! Killing AL-whatever isn't the suprise to me, it's the fact that we were able to make an attack inside pakistan that has me totally freakin suprised!? I thought our bestest butt buddy Perez mugabooga would'nt let us either go into or chase into the territory of Pakistan any Terrorists. But he'll buy tons of Weapons from us including top of the line jets. And we even killed women and children???? Gonna be rioting in Islamisbad tomorrow. If our so-called friend would just let our SF in the whole AQ network would be gone tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:50:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcgredo:
Michael Ledeen says his sources in Iran say bin Laden died there recently from kidney failure. They said he had been hiding out there for some time.

the whole bin Laden kidney issue is a mystery. Some people say he had damaged kidneys, others say he was fine.

So who knows, we may have gotten a twofer in the last month, the top two figures in al Qaeda.

Who is Michael Ledeen? And I have'nt heard about the kidney failure.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:55:07 PM EDT
Michael Ledeen is a Ph.D in something, political science, I think. He works for conservative think tank the American Enterprise Institute, and writes for National Review magazine. His main interest these days is Iran and seeing the end of the mullah regime there, he has a lot of contacts in the intelligence and Iranian dissident communities.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:55:08 PM EDT
Pakistani news services are reporting the airstrike also.

Islamabad, 13 Jan. (AKI) - Unknown aircraft fired some three missiles into a village in the pro-Taliban tribal area of Bajaur on Friday, killing at least 18 people, according to residents and security officials quoted in news reports. The area borders Afghanistan's insurgent-troubled Kunar province, and several "huge" explosions rocked the village of Damadola at about 3 am local time, said a military spokesman, Major-General Shaukat Sultan.

Sultan said he did know the cause of the blasts, but said an investigation of the incident was underway. Eywitness told the Pakistan's Geo-TV that aircraft had been flying over the area for the last four days, and they heard the sound of planes' engines when Friday's blasts occurred. The house of local tribesman Gul Zaman was completely destroyed in the attacks, eyewitnesses said.

A Pakistani intelligence official quoted by Reuters said two aircraft had come in from Afghanistan and fired two or three missiles. "The casualties may be much higher. People are very angry. They are not allowing access, so exact figures of deaths and wounded people are not available," he said.

A U.S. military spokesman in Afghanistan was quoted as saying there were no reports of US forces operating in that area. There have been no previous reports of fighting in Bajaur.

The incident comes just days after Pakistan launched a vehement protest with the US-led coalition in Afghanistan. Cross-border firing in the nearby Waziristan tribal area last weekend killed eight people, including a women and wounded nine, Pakistan alleges.

Damadola village, the scene of Friday's attack, has been a stronghold of the Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi (Movement for the Implementation of Mohammad's Sharia Law), a pro-Taliban group banned by Pakistan in January, 2002.

Pakistani intelligence officials suspect Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Mohammadi may be involved in attacks on Coalition forces in Afghanistan, and the missile strikes may have been launched in retaliation.

US forces have been in Afghanistan since 2001, pursuing the Taliban and their al-Qaeda allies. US officials have long said they believed Osama bin Laden has been hiding out on the remote Afghan-Pakistan border

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:59:35 PM EDT
imo, Zawahiri is a bigger fish than bin laden
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:01:07 PM EDT
Put their heads on spikes and put them in the center of Baghdad. The scum can understand that kind of "rhetoric". I hope they got them this time, damn scuzzies have more lives then cats.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:04:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

I think you are absolutely right..seems as though there have been many more communications to worldwide AlQueada through Zawahiri. I just hope he is dead. They have been offering a 25 million $$$ reward for info on him, in Pakistan. maybe someone squeeled.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:09:14 PM EDT
Will there be enough left after an "airstrike" or multiple missile hits to identify? Do we have his DNA on file, or a close relative?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:17:31 PM EDT
Id rather they be captured alive and then tortured in a friendly manner.

Keep them awake for three weeks and then make them eat pork every day. Bacon... Yumm. Televise the slaughter of a pig, chopping out a chop & frying it and serving it with them relishing every morsel. Al Jezebel News should pick it up and spread the word about them eating the forbidden fruit.

When the die of whatever, take them to Paradise where 72 virgins await them. Paradise Pig farm that is where 72 female virgin pigs, starved, anxiously await their next meal.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:41:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sylvan:
wonder if those wiretaps the dems have their panties in a twist about had anything to do with it.

Bingo...

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 5:41:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By st0newall:

Originally Posted By 52brandon:

yep so i have thought since tora-bora..

but if this above is true (never happen). I WANT HIM STUFFED AND MOUNTED NUDE IN A KNEELING POSTURE WITH A RABID GOAT PIG HAVING ITS WAY WITH HIM. PUT IT ON DISPLAY IN THE ADULTS ONLY PART OF THE SMITHSONIAN.....

(My 2 cents)
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:07:54 PM EDT
We have had many of these "let's hope it's true" moments for the past few years. But this one is looking pretty promising.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:21:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fxntime:
Put their heads on spikes and put them in the center of Baghdad.

I doubt there is enough left.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:23:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

Absolutely agree.

HH
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:23:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:26:41 PM EDT
Too many "may have", "might be" and "suspected" 's in that story for my taste.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:27:05 PM EDT
Heard on the news that they used 10 hellfire missiles...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 7:35:51 PM EDT by COZ]

I wonder if they targeted that big bump on his stupid forehead?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:35:00 AM EDT

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:36:43 AM EDT
You probably need to edit your title.

I think they are reporting it was not him.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:48:06 AM EDT
Blast!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:49:19 AM EDT
Al-Qaida's second-in-command was not at the site of a U.S. airstrike on a Pakistan village near the Afghan border that killed at least 17 people, two senior Pakistani officials said Saturday.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject, said that Pakistan's own investigation concluded that Ayman al-Zawahri was not in the village of Damadola.

"Their information was wrong, and our investigations conclude that they acted on a false information," said a senior intelligence official who has direct knowledge of the investigations launched by Pakistan to look into the attacks.

Separately, a senior government official told AP that al-Zawahri was not present at the homes which were attacked.

"He was not there, and this is what we know after a detailed probe" into the incident, he said.

Pakistan's government was expected to formally issue its reaction on the attack later Saturday.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/14/2006 2:09:30 PM EDT by NAKED-GUNMAN]
Just saw on FOX news that they are checking DNA from his family to see if they got him...so this ain't over yet.

And..the Pakastani government may have spoken too early.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 2:15:31 PM EDT
If any of them ARE dead (which I sincerely hope), I pray the US would never admit it. If we did, they would instantly become what they have been trying to be this whole time; martyrs.

If they are dead, roll them into a shallow hole and leave them to rot where they fell and move on, but shut up about it. I would rather deal with libtards asking "where's Osama?" than making them into an instant Islamic hero.
Top Top