Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 9:23:26 AM EST
Well folks...here you have it. Create a global fear. Shape public policy. Reap the financial rewards. Gore did it with global warming, Obama is doing it with healthcare.

Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire
Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.

Published: 7:00AM GMT 03 Nov 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Last year Mr Gore's venture capital firm loaned a small California firm $75m to develop energy-saving technology.
The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.
The move means that venture capital company Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.
Few people have been as vocal about the urgency of global warming and the need to reinvent the way the world produces and consumes energy as Mr Gore. And few have put as much money behind their advocacy and are as well positioned to profit from this green transformation, if and when it comes.
Critics, mostly on the political right and among global warming sceptics, say Mr. Gore is poised to become the world's first "carbon billionaire," profiteering from government policies he supports that would direct billions of dollars to the business ventures he has invested in.
Representative Marsha Blackburn, Republican of Tennessee, has claimed that Mr Gore stood to benefit personally from the energy and climate policies he was urging Congress to adopt.
Mr Gore had said that he is simply putting his money where his mouth is.
"Do you think there is something wrong with being active in business in this country?" Mr. Gore said. "I am proud of it. I am proud of it."
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:27:00 AM EST
I really need to get back to work on my evil scheme to fleece the rubes.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:27:54 AM EST
Nazi Pelosi number 2?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:27:57 AM EST
I really need to think of some "Global upcoming tragedy" and sell it to all the dumb asses running around.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:33:48 AM EST
but this was just a 'conspiracy'

the people warning against it were 'kooks' and 'loons'

...chalk another one up for the 'tin-foilers'
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:34:24 AM EST
Fuck Al Gore.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:37:10 AM EST
That's what this whole "Global Warming" and "Carbon Credits" deal is; a way for liberals to get rich off the people dumb enough to buy into it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:37:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By mtechgunman:
I really need to think of some "Global upcoming tragedy" and sell it to all the dumb asses running around.

How about "Declination of the Human Gene-Pool"?
(I'd actual believe in that one>)
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:37:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By MrMojoRising:
I really need to get back to work on my evil scheme to fleece the rubes.

Indeed. I'm obviously behind.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:40:36 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 9:41:00 AM EST by mstennes]
Originally Posted By Scooter1942:
Well folks...here you have it. Create a global fear. Shape public policy. Reap the financial rewards. Gore did it with global warming, Obama is doing it with healthcare.

Al Gore, the former US vice president, could become the world's first carbon billionaire after investing heavily in green energy companies.

Published: 7:00AM GMT 03 Nov 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/6491195/Al-Gore-could-become-worlds-first-carbon-billionaire.html

Last year Mr Gore's venture capital firm loaned a small California firm $75m to develop energy-saving technology.
The company, Silver Spring Networks, produces hardware and software to make the electricity grid more efficient.

The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week, when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.
The move means that venture capital company Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years.
Few people have been as vocal about the urgency of global warming and the need to reinvent the way the world produces and consumes energy as Mr Gore. And few have put as much money behind their advocacy and are as well positioned to profit from this green transformation, if and when it comes.
Critics, mostly on the political right and among global warming sceptics, say Mr. Gore is poised to become the world's first "carbon billionaire," profiteering from government policies he supports that would direct billions of dollars to the business ventures he has invested in.
Representative Marsha Blackburn, Republican of Tennessee, has claimed that Mr Gore stood to benefit personally from the energy and climate policies he was urging Congress to adopt.
Mr Gore had said that he is simply putting his money where his mouth is.Mr. Gore is simply creating a new way to make wealth, hes in it for the money, just like organic farmers.
"Do you think there is something wrong with being active in business in this country?" Mr. Gore said. "I am proud of it. I am proud of it."No, theres not, but your doing it by creating fear using BULLSHIT science and tactics, your also making it by using your influance within your party and other sheeple followers.

Fixed sorta
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:41:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By mtechgunman:

better hurry before they are all taken.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:43:29 AM EST
when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.

So, we are making him a billionaire.

He is personally pocketing our tax money. He has used his influence to create a "need" for a specialty product that his company makes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:45:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By rangermonroe:
He has used his influence to create a "need" for a specialty product that his company makes.

Yup. And with Carbon Credits, he's going to get the full weight of Government Jackboots to force you to give him money.

Kind of like those scumbags in Seattle want to do with Ammunition Coding.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:47:20 AM EST
Don't you know it's "FOR THE CHILDREN"?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:51:42 AM EST
Fuck Al Gore, but there's nothing wrong with making our power grid more efficient. Energy is vital to our economy and security and our grid is, from what I understand, antiquated and inefficient. I would hope that any smart grid technology would include redundancy and better security.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:55:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 9:56:25 AM EST by Wheelie]
I would DO ALMOST ANYTHING to see the next 100 years unfold before me.......and it pisses me off that I wont.

Bunch of motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:00:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 10:02:02 AM EST by Cacinok]
gore is the perfect example of politics for money, just a little more blatant than the rest. well, he was the perfect example of blatant until obama showed up.

gore's co. dumped huge amounts of money into creating a software program to track carbon credits. he'll be even more wealthy if cap and trade goes through.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:01:34 AM EST

not on my fucking dime...

AC
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:02:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By rangermonroe:
when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants, the New York Times reports. Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts.

So, we are making him a billionaire.

He is personally pocketing our tax money. He has used his influence to create a "need" for a specialty product that his company makes.

This should be investigated!

AC
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:05:44 AM EST

Imagine that!!!!!!!!

HH
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:27:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:27:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By AC_Doctor:

not on my fucking dime...

AC

If cap and tax is rammed through we're fucked.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:29:05 PM EST
Won't he be pissed when Obama taxes the fuck out of his gains...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:29:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:54:01 PM EST
There is a way to de-power that pile of shit Gore. A mass nationwide petition and then deliver to an attorney, And charge him for fraud.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:05:45 PM EST

ASSHOLES! More Efficient? What are we GERMANS?? Oh yeah Seig Heil mister gore!
Oh and yes, i am pissed that the internal combustion engine replaced the Coal/steam engine. I have been since 1875. Dagnabbit!

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:08:01 PM EST
The headline should read: First Idiot Billionaire becomes billionaire scamming even more idiotic idiots.
Top Top