Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/22/2008 11:13:45 AM EDT
Them thar whales ought not bought ole Al's BS and went South when the going was good.

Blubber samich anyone?

http://robertsteely.blogtownhall.com/2008/11/22/al_gore_lied,_whales_died.thtml

Al Gore lied, whales died
Posted by Catmman on Saturday, November 22, 2008 2:26:30 PM

The ice wasn't supposed to be there. Haven't we been told again and again arctic ice was melting? It would be gone this year? I think I even read a few stories saying the arctic was ice free this year for the first time in deacdes? As it turns out, not so much.

Now the whales must be culled redistributed for the betterment of the community.

At least 200 narwhal whales in Canada's Arctic, trapped by winter ice and facing starvation or suffocation, must be culled, officials say.

Community elders and officials feared the whales would die from a lack of oxygen as the ice grew thicker around them, Pelley explained.

What tickles my funny bone? I can't help but think of all the shows I've seen where people extol the intelligence of whales and other sea mammals. These whales live in the arctic and they couldn't see this one coming? I hate to slaughter a dead whale here, but, c'mon! I suppose what this incident really boils down to:

Al Gore lied, whales died.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:10:23 PM EDT
Fuck al Bore

And

Fuck global warming

and

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:14:46 PM EDT
Why don't they just swim under the ice?
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:18:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:20:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Whitt0369:
Why don't they just swim under the ice?

Too far to the next spot to breath probably.

Think about it, they only can swim safely half of their lung capacity distance in any direction before having to turn back. If they were smart enough they could "go for broke" and go as far as then can on one breath hoping to make it to open sea.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:20:37 PM EDT
At least 200 narwhal whales in Canada's Arctic, trapped by winter ice and facing starvation or suffocation, must be culled, officials say.

They didn't pay their carbon tax.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 12:21:18 PM EDT
Apparently the stupid whales read the New York Times, and must die as a result.

http://www.nytimes.com/library/national/science/081900sci-climate-pole.html

he North Pole is melting.

The thick ice that has for ages covered the Arctic Ocean at the pole has turned to water, recent visitors there reported yesterday. At least for the time being, an ice-free patch of ocean about a mile wide has opened at the very top of the world, something that has presumably never before been seen by humans and is more evidence that global warming may be real and already affecting climate.

The last time scientists can be certain the pole was awash in water was more than 50 million years ago.
Top Top