Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 8:49:03 AM EDT
See if you can pick out the facts I added

===Radio show===   [[Image:Lies_and_the_Lying_Liars_Who_Tell_Them.jpg|thumb|right|100px|''Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right ([[2003]])'']]

On [[January 13]], [[2004]], it was announced that Franken would enter the [[radio]] business.  He signed a one-year contract to become a [[talk show]] host for Air America Radio's flagship program, ''[[The O'Franken Factor]]'' with co-host [[Katherine Lanpher]].  The inaugural [[Broadcasting|broadcast]] kicked off the network's launch at 12 Noon EST on [[March 31]], [[2004]]. Franken stated that the reason why he chose the "O'Franken" name was "to annoy and to bait" [[Bill O'Reilly (commentator)|Bill O'Reilly]] to sue him again, to bring publicity to the show. O'Reilly never did, so on [[July 12]], [[2004]], the program was renamed ''The Al Franken Show''.

Franken is arguably the most moderate of the Air America Radio hosts. He said that one of his goals was to "get [[George W. Bush|Bush]] unelected" and that he might end the show if Bush lost the 2004 election. He decided in 2005, after Bush won reelection, that he would keep doing the show for at least two more years.

In October 2005 his on-air partner [[Katherine Lanpher]] left the show to meet a book deadline. AAR has not announced a replacement for Lanpher. [http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/351847p-300070c.html]

Franken is also a noted supporter of hiring minorities even though in his hiring practices he has only hired one non white out of the last 114 hires.  While extremely hypocritical, it is ok.  Liberalism is the belief that it's acceptable to preach on set of rules for life but to live your own life by another set, so his hypocricy is excused.  In addition he has, on his radio show and stint at SNL repeatedly berated conservatives for their insults and then insulted them and occaisonally using their better material as his own as evidenced in his skits about Chelsea Clinton.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

===Radio show===   [[Image:Lies_and_the_Lying_Liars_Who_Tell_Them.jpg|thumb|right|100px|''Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right ([[2003]])'']]

On [[January 13]], [[2004]], it was announced that Franken would enter the [[radio]] business.  He signed a one-year contract to become a [[talk show]] host for Air America Radio's flagship program, ''[[The O'Franken Factor]]'' with co-host [[Katherine Lanpher]].  The inaugural [[Broadcasting|broadcast]] kicked off the network's launch at 12 Noon EST on [[March 31]], [[2004]]. Franken stated that the reason why he chose the "O'Franken" name was "to annoy and to bait" [[Bill O'Reilly (commentator)|Bill O'Reilly]] to sue him again, to bring publicity to the show. O'Reilly never did, so on [[July 12]], [[2004]], the program was renamed ''The Al Franken Show''.

Franken is arguably the most moderate of the Air America Radio hosts. He said that one of his goals was to "get [[George W. Bush|Bush]] unelected" and that he might end the show if Bush lost the 2004 election. He decided in 2005, after Bush won reelection, that he would keep doing the show for at least two more years.

In October 2005 his on-air partner [[Katherine Lanpher]] left the show to meet a book deadline. AAR has not announced a replacement for Lanpher. [http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/351847p-300070c.html]

Franken is also a noted supporter of hiring minorities even though in his hiring practices he has only hired one non white out of the last 114 hires.  While extremely hypocritical, it is ok.  Liberalism is the belief that it's acceptable to preach on set of rules for life but to live your own life by another set, so his hypocricy is excused.  In addition he has, on his radio show and stint at SNL repeatedly berated conservatives for their insults and then insulted them and occaisonally using their better material as his own as evidenced in his skits about Chelsea Clinton.

I would imagine that you added all the misspelled words.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would imagine that you added all the misspelled words.

I quoted from another site. So if the last paragraph is misspelled, Its not my fault.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny and all, but adding opinion to something that should be unbiased kinda sucks. I hate it when people do this to conservative figures.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Funny and all, but adding opinion to something that should be unbiased kinda sucks. I hate it when people do this to conservative figures.

What opinions?  I didn't add any opinions and I can provide reference materials to it all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top