Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 3:17:44 PM EDT
Anyone there or know anything about this place. Ex. Mortar, sniper, blah blah blah. Any facilities?
ANy info would be great. Thanks, Dan
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Was there at the end of what's now OIF 1 w/ 3d ACR as we transitioned w/ (I think) 1st MARDIV...big ass Iraqi airbase w/ some great facilities...I lived in my HMMWV for 10 of 12 months though, so a hot shower was my definition of great facilities...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hot showers are always a plus. Thanks for replying.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there durring OIF 1 supporting 3rd cav. Big PX, indoor pool, movie theater. nice place reliable water and power. when i left the were just starting to occupy the connex like apartments
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Left Alsad in sep. the army move back in now theres  a subway,BK, pizza in, green bean a bigass mwr/phone center 15 plue phone and like 20 or so pc and at night a night club latino night cuntry night every night a diff club night.

You got to love the army and there needs and they bring some hotass (ladysolders)  we marines love army chicks
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Al Asad is getting allot of money dumped into it because it is one of the what for now looks to be a long term base (meaning some of the last bases in the country).

You need to look on the SIPR side for the current threat and significant events.    
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
hmm, sounds like Anaconda. But without the 332 AEW to harass me.
I'll be there this summer, woohoo!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
just a little heads up when you stop by the px and see a gun mag (guns $ ammo)you better grab it... the avg life span for gun magazine is like 1/2 a day...
and the chow hall kicks ass ...

We are headed back later this fall.  

you can keep up with the info an ar-15 news @ Alsad...

Look out for the moters... and  NO need to run from them if they get you     they get you...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
just a little heads up when you stop by the px and see a gun mag (guns $ ammo)you better grab it... the avg life span for gun magazine is like 1/2 a day...
and the chow hall kicks ass ...

We are headed back later this fall.  

you can keep up with the info an ar-15 news @ Alsad...

Look out for the moters... and  NO need to run from them if they get you     they get you...

I'm pretty used to the morters and such, like you said if they get you  they get you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I was at Al asad  for 5 months

What infor are you looking for?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]
i was there for a few weeks helping VMFA-142 get settled in. it was pretty rugged when i was there. i have heard that since i left the Corps handed over control to the army and they are dumping money in it like its cool. i hear they are building facilities like they expect looong term US basing there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#11]
The Marine Corps controls Al Alsad.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Well its back to the army... as of sep 05

I think ( as far as control ) who ever has security of thr base has control of Alsad it has been back and fort.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well its back to the army... as of sep 05

I think ( as far as control ) who ever has security of thr base has control of Alsad it has been back and fort.

The actual head of security/FP officer is a recently promoted Marine Reserve LtCol. The Army BN was tasked because of the RFF that requested a Marine Battalion was denied on the grounds of future flow issues (same thing as with TQ),  the 2nd MAW now 2nd MAW (FWD) is charge of the base.  Along with 2 MAW (FWD) you have a Marine RCT.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#14]
OK I see .
When we moved out the only unit to stay in place was the ones in Ripper and 8th EBS even 2nd LAAD turn over security of the base to the army reserve.

Well the good thing was that army moved in a ton of crap with them. Subway made life better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top