Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/14/2005 4:47:40 PM EDT
Look at the prices they are paying for these toys!  You can have a real semi-auto AK for those prices....or something MUCH nicer even!

Airsoft

<We don't have the F-word in thread titles--in any form.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of us build our own so it doesnt cost that much.   Thats also over seas, your gonna pay out the ass that way anyway.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If they wanted a good airgun, they'd go pellet or BB. But nooo, they gotta use those crappy things.

And then they'd spend less than 100 on something you can actually use.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you talking about? AS works wonders on killing crows that get in my damn pecan tree...

Quoted:
If they wanted a good airgun, they'd go pellet or BB. But nooo, they gotta use those crappy things.

And then they'd spend less than 100 on something you can actually use.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#4]
$1,800 for a M1A that shoots plastic BBS!!!!  You can buy a real M1A  for that and a shit load of REAL ammo!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, those are some pricy toys
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I noticed they have bolt action sniper rifles.
I am genuinely curious as to how far these things will actually throw a bb.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They are awesome training tools, the small bruise they leave may keep you alive someday.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Small?  I think im going to bow out of this thread...............

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are awesome training tools, the small bruise they leave may keep you alive someday.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
a grand for a bb gun.... wow
~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep in mind those are custom built already upgraded guns. Not the kind of thing you find at Big5.

Most of us buy a stock base guns and build it up over time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
dont forget you can get metal airsoft BB's too
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never said I wanted one just was curious how far they would "shoot"
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#13]
If you train I think everyone should have a replica of the pistol and carbine of a real weapon.  I however cannot bring myself to pay those prices.  But as a training tool they are not geek guns.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#14]
If all I wanted to shoot was BB guns I would have stayed in Canada.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I have been thinking of acquiring a 1911 type, to practice presentations with in my home. I would like to acquire an M-4 to practice transitions, too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have been thinking of acquiring a 1911 type, to practice presentations with in my home. I would like to acquire an M-4 to practice transitions, too.

You can get those for real cheap. You have to cock it after every round, but for what you're doing it sounds like that would be fine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Whats up with the forends on the AK's? Kinda FNP-90 looken grip? Kinda cool looking
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I think they'd make great training tools.  Use them for MOUT.. alot cheaper than sims.

The game would probably be fun.  Too expensive though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Come on you guys.

You don't have to have a contrary opinion on EVERYTHING.

The airsoft guns are just sad.

If you can't even have a real BB gun then call it a day and  find some other hobby.

Paying $1000+ for a toy gun is really really really sad.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Come on you guys.

If you can't even have a real BB gun then call it a day and  find some other hobby.

I guess you think the same thing of RC cars racers and model airplane builders, what about miniture rocketry? The high end models of all these hobbies cost thousands of dollars, is this "sad" also?

If you don't like it that's fine, but you don't need to bring you negativity into a legitimate mature thread.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#22]
As well im sure theres something your into that we  think is really really really sad.

Quoted:
Come on you guys.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#23]
The airsoft guns originally linked to are not the kind that most of the people playing buy.  Notice that every one of them is labelled CUSTOM.  They're all special built.

The majority of airsoft players own an AR or AK replica that cost somewhere about $250 to $300.  The LINK that HK_Shooter_03 gave much more indicative of what the vast majority of them are buying.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#24]
is airsoft even legal in NYC?
I know bb/pellet guns are illegal. I hate NYC
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yeah, but they don't do as much damage to people as the lighter, faster ones.  Funny thing, the plastic .12g BB's will hurt more than a .28g metal BB.  I know because I've shot people with .12, .20, .25 and .28, the first 3 being plastic, the last being metal.  However, the metal .28 seems to hurt soda cans more and hurt flesh less.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Come on you guys.

And there are people who think it is sad that "gun nuts" spend all their money on guns, too.  I say spend your money on whatever you want, it's your money.  I think Airsoft could be a lot of fun.  I've been paintballing a couple of times and it was a hoot!  Maybe I'll try Airsoft one day, but I'm not dressing up in battle gear, just jeans and a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
delete, damn double-post
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think they'd make great training tools.  Use them for MOUT.. alot cheaper than sims.

I dunno. Somehow I doubt airsofters are paying between $100-200 per thousand rounds.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#29]
It seems like an ARFCOM trend to have an opinion on something that you don't know anything about...

How many bashers have used an airsoft gun?

I tried shooting these things and they are great fun.

They serve the purpose of target practice when I can't make it to the range...

I might actually bring an airsoft gun to the next GA shoot...
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#30]
$15 per 2000-3000 BB's  

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dunno. Somehow I doubt airsofters are paying between $100-200 per thousand rounds.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Come on you guys.

And there are people who think it is sad that "gun nuts" spend all their money on guns, too.  I say spend your money on whatever you want, it's your money.  I think Airsoft could be a lot of fun.  I've been paintballing a couple of times and it was a hoot!  Maybe I'll try Airsoft one day, but I'm not dressing up in battle gear, just jeans and a t-shirt.

Yeah, it is pretty cool.  Better than paintball.  When I've played paintball, everybody's guns kept jamming and stuff, but airsoft jams/malfunctions much less.  Hell, you only really need to clean an electric gun once every, oh, 20000 rounds (no joke it's in the manual that came with my Marui M4A1).  The accuracy is also much better than anything you get with a paintball gun.  I can get 1 inch groups at 30 feet easily with almost any airsoft gun that isn't a cheap POS.  Sometimes even better than that.  My regular Crosman pellet gun (.177) gives about 1/2-1/4 (if I'm real good) at the same range, if I screw up, the worst it gets is 1 inch.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It seems like an ARFCOM trend to have an opinion on something that you don't know anything about...

How many bashers have used an airsoft gun?

I tried shooting these things and they are great fun.

They serve the purpose of target practice when I can't make it to the range...

I might actually bring an airsoft gun to the next GA shoot...

There's also a big "tough guy" trend on Arfcom too, which has a lot to do with it.

Airsoft guns by themselves are just (mostly) harmless toys, people can have fun with them if they wish.  The only thing I have to say is that some of the people that are real airsoft hobbyists and avid players can be real freaks and weirdoes.  'Course, most people with $5k worth of ARs that live in Mom's basement fit that description, too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#33]
The only "airsoft" I play is with my 1000fps pellet gun
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#34]
WOW no " Airsoft Forums are that way " Pic
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
WOW no " Airsoft Forums are that way " Pic

Sorry.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#36]
and still noone will tell me how far these things will shoot
I know 30 ft was posted but I am thinking if the sniper rifle only shots 30 feet (acuratly) then why not go with a AR or some such thing instead of the bolt gun??
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#37]
"Sniper" rifles that have been upgraded with the 300% spring and shooting .3 sized BB's can hit 3" group at 150 feet.

AEGS (AK and R) can go 70-90 accuratly when upgraded.

Quoted:
I know 30 ft was posted but I am thinking if the sniper rifle only shots 30 feet (acuratly) then why not go with a AR or some such thing instead of the bolt gun??

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Most high end AEGs will reach 150 feet with enough accuracy to choose either a center mass or headshot. That is with little to no wind mind you. Then you need to compensate.

Pistols ar good to 50-150 feet depending on the make, model, barrel type... I did see a Glock capable of hitting a target repeatedly at almost 100 yards. But I wouldn't want to get hit with it.

More than a few of the bolt action sniper rifles can be used with great effect at 100 yards if the shooter has the skill.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#39]
People need to lighten up around here.  As with any serious hobby, an investment of $500 is pocket change and hardly a step in the door.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Isnt the advantage of the bolt guns the trigger releases the cocked mechanism where AEG has lag where the mechanism is cocked and then released?  I believe they have higher FPS ratings too?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes sniper rifles can have a higher FPS than AEGS but you also have a farther distance you can shoot someone. You dont see alot of action with a sniper rifle in big games though. AEGs are just fun  

Quoted:
Isnt the advantage of the bolt guns the trigger releases the cocked mechanism where AEG has lag where the mechanism is cocked and then released?  I believe they have higher FPS ratings too?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I am sure people say the exact same thing about my firearm hobby.  Everyone has their own little hobbies that they spend too much money on.  I don't see any benefit to judging whether it is good enough by my own arbitrary standards.    
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Somehow I think alot of guys on here think these things are for geeks only real men have real guns.  But it makes me wonder how many people just go to the range and shoot vs how many people train and think outside the box.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

That clinches it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are those pre ban  BBs?????
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#46]
It's a hobby, let folks enjoy it without bashing them.  That being said, I think those prices are abusive on the part of the manufacturers.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#47]
The guns arn't really that expensive to make, just like a Glock handgun, most of the price comes from getting across the water and into the country.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
It's a hobby, let folks enjoy it without bashing them.  That being said, I think those prices are abusive on the part of the manufacturers.

For those who live in the countries that the products are actually produced in the prices are very reasonable.  US and other countries pay a very high premium for both shipping costs and multi-middleman markup.  If you're actually walking around Shinjuku, Tokyo you can get a quality M4 AEG for maybe $150.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:40:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Chrissakes - look at the cost of ANY hobby.

Harley? $20,000 and up.

Boat? $30k for a fast one.

Audiophiles? $20,000 for a fucking stereo.

It's all relative. If you're into it, and you want a high-end piece of gear, you pay alot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I think members of the shooting community have problems with airsoft, because of those hardcore players out there that own several of these replicas and not just the entry level “aeg” but the $1,000 plus dollar airsoft guns. I find that a little strange to spend that much for a replica when you can buy the real thing for about the same price. Also I would say that for us that enjoy shooting the real deal we find it ludicrous for someone to put optics and light/lasers on these things that are intended for actual firearms, I mean come on 150ft for a supped up airsoft rifle that scopes intended for 300 + meters. Just my thoughts I really  could care less this just gives me an excuse to buy more expensive firearms and feel better about it LOLhobby~Prue~  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top