Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2001 4:53:29 PM EDT
These things work good? I'm looking for a full scale M-16 in semi or full auto. Let me know what you think of these.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a couple. Some of the kids at the range trot them out and feed their egos off the looks they get.

They do look darn realistic, I think they are made of aluminum. If you want people to give you a double take, get it.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it would be fun to play with these on Reserve weekends. It would be really cool to practice room clearing or bust into Navy admin and lite their asses up! [uzi]

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Bwahaha!

Better be careful, they "look" real! While you light them up with Airsoft BB's, your going to be put down by a twitchy MP!

Some people rent the paintball range by me and have Airsoft days. They all drag out Airsoft subguns and machine guns and go to town. Supposed to be a blast.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
While you light them up with Airsoft BB's, your going to be put down by a twitchy MP!
Av.
View Quote

Twitchy MP.... tell me about it. My girlfriend is an MP!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I own the select fire m16a1 vietnam type battery powered rifle.
It is very accurate. I can put all of the bb's in full auto fire in a hole about the size of a quarter from around 50 feet or so. Real range depends on if you are indoors or outdoors, and if you pay the extra for the heavy bb's.
They shoot 6mm, 25 caliber plastic balls.
They are all made from plastic, but the parts are very real looking, and in some cases act like the real thing. The sights are adjustible sort of. That is, I can change peep sights, and I can dial up or down the front sight.
The hand guards come off, and the trigger guard(?) piece is hinged, for gloves.
The mag release works, mine holds 69 rounds in it. The dust cover will snap shut, and the recoil from pulling the trigger will open it. The charging handle will pull back and spring forward, but it doesn't do anything.
The forward assist will move in too.
There is even a steel bar to pretend there is a gas tube.

For mine, the battery is in the butt where your cleaning kit would go.

They make an AK, mp-5, mp5-sdc, etc... they even have the m16 with the m203 under it.
The battery powered ones are the best in my opinion, no gas to mess with. They use the regular 7.2 volt rc car batteries.

I have taken mine completely apart(as I got mine before they were importing them into the country,) so I even can tell you how the guts work.
It is an aluminum barrel, no rifeling, and there is a motor in the grip, that pulls back a piston that creates the air pressure when it releases.

They make all sorts of hipo parts for them as well. Faster motors, high cap mags, and more powerful pistons. I clocked it on a crono, and remember around 350 to 400 fps.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#6]
All the new ones I've seen have metal Receivers!  I haven't seen any full size ones that are full auto though.  The little (mini) stupid looking ones are full auto, but they wouldn't be as much fun!
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
350-400fps??? DAMN!!! That gotta hurt!

Where can I get one of these?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]
I clocked it on a crono, and remember around 350 to 400 fps.[/b]
View Quote

he, he
u rock! Andrewh

Got a link or dealer for that weapon?
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I got an all metal MP5 for fun at it shoots better than I thought it would.  Will put holes in alum cans at 30 feet.  Accuracy is o.k. There's ways of adjusting for better accuracy but I'm not into it enough to mess with it.  With a 200 round mag and full auto you can see where the BB's are going and adjust your aim.  Lots of giggles if you got $200-$500 with nothing to do. You'll be amazed at the variety of air soft guns out there. Everything from a full auto Glock 18 to an M-60 and everything you can imagine in between.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
While I don't own an airsoft rifle I have done a lot of research on them.

If you are buying a long gun stick to Tokyo Mauri or TOP for a machine gun.  These are the best manufacutures of electric power rifles and sub guns.

[url]www.redwolfairsoft.com[/url]

[url]www.dentrinity.com[/url]

Are two of the best and well known dealers of airsoft products.  Redwolf has quite a few reviews of different weapons.  I'll be getting me an M4A1 some day to match my LEGP.  That is when money will allow me to by a real toy.

-Matt
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Magnus357, both of those companies are in not in the US and you will pay heavy fees to get the guns here.  I bought through www.airsoftextreme.com who are in So Cal.  Fast services and a big selection.  Just FYI.

Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I understand that they are not in the country; however, both are able to offer lower prices than any company based in the USA.  This counter balances the more expenisve shipping charges.  I gathered from reading the FAQ on one of those sites that shipping is only about $30 using Speedpost and the package will arrive in about a week.  RedWolf guarantees that your gun will not be siesed by customs if you comply with the easily reversable red barrel painting and removed of trademarks.  Not too bad.

-Matt
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I second the vote for Airsoftextreme. I got my Tokyo Marui M4 from them. Fast shipping, good prices, highly recommended.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#14]
You need to talk to SteyrAUG over a [url]www.full-auto.com[/url] he will help you out on the Airsofts - he will probably make you a smokin' deal on some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top