Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/1/2004 9:35:49 AM EDT
For a Christmas present, I'm looking for a good quality airsoft pistol with a fake silencer. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/1/2004 4:32:56 PM EDT by five-five-six]

Originally Posted By Rodent:
For a Christmas present, I'm looking for a good quality airsoft pistol with a fake silencer. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

sorry, I am of no help, but why a fake silencer on a fake gun?

ok... I have heard that the Japanese Tokyo Maiuru (sp?) company makes great airsoft guns. The thing is... do you want it for professional war gaming or just something to play with when you cant shoot the real thing? You should also decide if you gas, electric, or spring power...

EDIT: try this place...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:39:17 PM EDT
I can tell you from experience... spring fired SUCKS! They break way too easy. I had mine 1 day and the clip spring broke and the gun wouldnt cock with the clip in. POS Guns. Id go with a gas powered. Check EBay. They usually have some nice ones. But if they are cheap... you'll get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 1:56:59 PM EDT
Do not buy off ebay until you've been into airsoft for a while. The guns I see on ebay are overpriced and misrepresented.

I suggest you go to these places:

Airsoft Players
and
North East Airsoft Group

You'll find a plethera.. errr plethora of knowledge about airsoft guns and events. Plus, the NEASG site is suited to you since you live in New Hampshire.

I hope this helps. Just remember to stay out of the General Forum with the airsoft questions, lest you be labeled unsavory by the real steel guys.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:56:40 PM EDT
Depending on how much you're willing to shell out, there are a number of options out there.

There's always the TM Mk23 if you don't mind NBB (Non-Blow-Back). It's typically sold in a set along with a suppressor and working (Although, cheesey) LAM.

Though, I'm not a big fan of NBBs. I used to have the KSC Mk23. Excellent gun, but, you will need to buy some aftermarket parts if you really want to get it running right. SD 150% Hammer/Recoil spring set are a must have. Suppressor is sold seperately. The Mk23 typically runs $180 in Hong Kong.

Both those guns come stock with threaded barrels, however, there are other options....

There's always the KSC G17. www.uncompany.com has a special for $100 shipped for the KSC G17. Add a Guarder 14mm threaded barrel and your choice of suppressor for another $80-$100.
Top Top