Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2004 7:36:46 AM EDT
I was looking on the net for some parts for my SL-8 to covert it to a G-36 look alike and I keep stumbling across all this Airsoft stuff and what I am wondering is can you use these parts on a real gun, like the stock and grip, and if so has anybody used them? and how do they compare? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an Airsoft Crane stock and it looks IDENTICAL...I see no difference in the two. Oh, sorry the gaskets one the Airsoft stock are a different color from the original. Many people here probably won't answer your questions...because they don't have the balls to face the possible flaming of buying the cheaper airsoft parts instead of the originals. So from what I have seen...they are nearly the same. Whether they are designed to take the punishment that could be dished out in a combat environment...I don't know. Never been to war....but my guns have been the range many, many times and they work just fine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:55:56 AM EDT
[#4]
PICTURES! I DEMAND PICTURES!

hey if it works, I want to see it.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was looking on the net for some parts for my SL-8 to covert it to a G-36 look alike and I keep stumbling across all this Airsoft stuff and what I am wondering is can you use these parts on a real gun, like the stock and grip, and if so has anybody used them? and how do they compare? Thanks

You have GOT to be kidding me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29397

and now it starts

Thanks dude, you made me laugh at work, and now every body is looking at me.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#7]
MrSmokealot... what exactly is it that you are smoking a lot of???
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#8]
are the airsoft things like stocks made out of material that can handle the recoil?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#9]

From the comments I suspect this subject has been done before, but I wasn't around then.

I saw a "jak" Uzi airsoft on ebay and it was amazingly like a real Uzi.  

I have to wonder if the lower could be used to make an Uzi semiautomatic. (legally of course)  

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#10]
yea, that's why they are a third of the price.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
are the airsoft things like stocks made out of material that can handle the recoil?

Yes.  Airsoft barrels work too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup. dead on. 100% correct.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Why would you buy an expensive, durable, military rifle designed to be rugged for combat... and put Mattel parts on it?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Are the ballistics on the Airsoft the same as on real guns?  

The ammunition is a LOT cheaper.    
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In fact, the match grade airsoft barrels shoot .00025 MOA.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't forget the mags are interchangable too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Do they make Airsoft bulletproof vests?

Just think!   $50 dollar body armor instead of $900!

Hey, how about Airsoft NVG?   WTF pay $3600 for a good set of PVS-7's when you can get the same thing for Airsoft for $100?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#18]
go ahead and try but dont be surprised when it blows up
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#19]
don't misunderstand me. I have no desire to own anything airsoft and would never put airsoft crap on a real gun. I was just asking as it seemed a logical question to help the thread starter
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Cheapest way to get a "Famas"...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Why would you buy an expensive, durable, military rifle designed to be rugged for combat... and put Mattel parts on it?

Didnt a toy company make the original M16 parts?
How many recievers were made by Reynolds, LTD?

I say if it works use it.
Never by simply based on brand.
Like Colt is any better than DPMS, RRA, Ameetec, or any of the other million AR manufacturers out there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The nerve to ask that here!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#23]
airsoft vs real steel parts... look at it like this: an airsoft gun has no recoil and hence, airsoft parts are not going to be subjected to kinds of stresses that a part manufactured for a real firearm will.  hence, they are underbuilt as far as real world usage is considered and subject to failure...  would you trust your life to a $15 airsoft telestock if the chips were down?  i sure as hell wouldn't...

another way to look at it: you get what you pay for...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many recievers were made by Reynolds, LTD?

I say if it works use it.
Like Colt is any better than DPMS, RRA, Ameetec, or any of the other million AR manufacturers out there.

Read it again, but slowly.  I didn't say buy on brand.  Buy on SPECIFICATIONS.  Airsoft parts are not made to the same or similar specifications that quality rifle parts are.  When I buy guns, and gun parts, I settle for nothing but top quality, even if it is expensive.

Thanks for the dumb advice.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yes, buy Airsoft stuff.  Toy gun parts on a rifle that has the ability to inflict death is an EXCELLENT idea.   Its all about how cool it looks, and thus, how cool you look, especially to the other 12 year olds that infest this place lately.

I agree 100%...

All of you go ahead and put your Airsoft parts on your rifles....
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No

This shows your complete lack of knowledge in this area.

"gee they look the same - so they must be the same"

I'm with Lumpy - too may young'uns running around here - their mama's should reign them in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out...

See my mother-in-law has a bowl of wax fruit sitting on her dinning room table, and I was wondering if it was OK for me to eat some of it? It looks so tempting & real, and I am oh so hungry!

So, what do you say... will wax fruit be nutritious & delicious???
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out...

See my mother-in-law has a bowl of wax fruit sitting on her dinning room table, and I was wondering if it was OK to eat some of it? It looks so tempting & real, and I am oh so hungry!

So, what do you say... will wax fruit be nutritious & delicious???

Only Bushmaster fruit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Mattel had a contract for those little black plastic parts on that rifle we all love so much
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

"run away! run away!"

"Danger Will Robinson! Danger!"

"You got time to duck?"

bomber
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm a fairly big airsoft fan, but I've never seen a single airsoft part that I would trust on a real rifle.  Even the metal parts like scope mounts and stuff don't seem to be made of high enough quality metal for real usuage.  The plastic stuff is not made to hold up to the heat and stresses of real use either.  Airsoft parts with virtually zero exceptions belong on airsoft guns, period...

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Mattel had a contract for those little black plastic parts on that rifle we all love so much

No they didn't.  So why are you repeating lies?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I was told by an anti gun 'expert' that with a Black & Decker drill, a 3/8 bit, a steel Uzi mag, in ten minutes you can convert an airsoft Uzi to a 9mm full auto!

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#35]
just the other day i took the gear shift off  of a power wheels and put it  on my truck.   It's so shiny. Shame the lug pattern doesn't match up right , i could use a spare.

J
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#36]
somebody posted here the other day that they bought a CAR stock and when fired it fully collapsed. i think he determined somebody duped him into buying an Airsoft stock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok first off I wouldnt do it.  Thats me personally.  I wouldnt put a toy gun part on a real gun.  That being said, I dont think anyone should be giving him that hard of a time.  I mean it takes minds like that to come up with different and unique alternatives for everything.  What would the world be like if no one ever tried anything new or different??  How boring would that be?  Where would the world be if someone said no we dont need a self contained cartridge, this muzzle loader works fine lets not mess with it.  Let me once again say that what was asked is NOT A GOOD IDEA but I feel alot of you were a little rough on the guy.  Just me .02.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please provide a verifiable link to this!  AFAIK this is one of the oldest falsehoods about the M-16/Ar family of weapons!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Jesus.  No wonder so many other gun boards consider this place a joke.

What's next?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I wouldn't do it.  I'm a big fan of airsoft and just about NOTHING on them is anywhere near the quality of the real stuff...because it doesn't have to be.

I would hestitantly say that you can probably get by with forward grips, scope mounts & rings, and sling loops...as the companies that make these aftermarket parts for airsoft usually make them to about the same quality I've seen on the real stuff.  That said, they also cost about the same at the real stuff too, so you might as well just buy the real stuff.  (this is in relation to the high quality aftermarket parts makers)

Some things that seem quality enough won't fit though simply because they're out of spec.  For instance the buffer tube used on an airsoft M16 is smaller in diameter than the tube on a real one.  Thus, any sling mount that goes over the buffer tube would be unuseable from toy to real and vice versa.

You're really better off just buying real parts for your real gun.  You will only find very few instances where the knock off toy parts are worthwhile.  Indeed, most of the guys I airsoft with just buy real parts for our toy guns.  Cost about the same after considering shipping costs unless we're talkign GG&G and ARMS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Airsoft is GAY!  Just thought I'd share that with the crowd.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#42]
All we need now is that pic of the Mattel lower, and 3 guys who'll swear they've seen and/or carried an M16 with Mattel marked parts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone who puts toy parts on a real firearm is a damn fool...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I got the pic

Quoted:
All we need now is that pic of the Mattel lower, and 3 guys who'll swear they've seen and/or carried an M16 with Mattel marked parts.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I got the pic
img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/mikehunt234/mattel-m16-maybephotoshopped.jpg

Quoted:

That is so photo shopped
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got the pic
img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/mikehunt234/mattel-m16-maybephotoshopped.jpg

Quoted:

That is so photo shopped

+1
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#47]
We used to say "good initiative poor execution". I think that applies here.
I am not a gun snob. "Brand X" gun snobs do not have a grasp on reality. If an airsoft part would work just as good as a "brand X" part , it would be on my gun. Having handled airsoft guns, I dont think it will work. IMHO
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No

This shows your complete lack of knowledge in this area. *

"gee they look the same - so they must be the same"

I'm with Lumpy - too may young'uns running around here - their mama's should reign them in.

* Some of the fabulous fantasies on ar15.com involve Colt. As some of Colt's champions like to say, "You never know with Colt."

Colt subcontracts regularly, but if you buy Colt, I'm almost sure you won't get chinese parts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I have an Airsoft Crane stock and it looks IDENTICAL...I see no difference in the two. Oh, sorry the gaskets one the Airsoft stock are a different color from the original. Many people here probably won't answer your questions...because they don't have the balls to face the possible flaming of buying the cheaper airsoft parts instead of the originals. So from what I have seen...they are nearly the same. Whether they are designed to take the punishment that could be dished out in a combat environment...I don't know. Never been to war....but my guns have been the range many, many times and they work just fine.

You are a complete and udder moron.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:27:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Airsoft is gay, and I hate kids.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top