Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2002 8:33:09 PM EDT
To ensure Americans never offend anyone -
particularly fanatics intent on killing us - airport screeners will not be allowed to profile people. They will continue random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, Secret Service agents who are members of the President's security detail and 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips.

Let's pause a moment and take the following test.

In 1979, the U.S. Embassy in Iran was taken over by:

(a) Norwegians from Ballard;
(b) Elvis;
(c) A tour bus full of 80-year-old women; or
(d) Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

(a) A pizza delivery boy;
(b) Crazed feminists complaining that being able to throw a grenade beyond its own burst radius was an unfair and sexist requirement in basic training;
(c) Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day; or

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

(a) Luca Brazzi, for not being given a part in
"Godfather 2"
(b) The Tooth Fairy;
(c) Butch and Sundance who had a few sticks of
dynamite left over from the train mission, or,

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

(a) Mr. Rogers;
(b) Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's  women problems;
(c) The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain: "Mustapha the Merciless;" or

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and
destroyed by:

(a) Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd.
(b) The Supreme Court of Florida trying to outdo
their attempted hijacking of the 2000  Presidential election;
(c) Mr. Bean, or,

A perfect example of political correctness in action.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep in mind that it is an OFFICIAL policy that prevents law suits, not what will actually occur.  Both my mother and GF's mother work in the airline industry and that policy "change" they both took as a way to blow smoke up the asses of liberal cocksuckers who believe that all people should be treated with equal respect, even though they may be cammel f***ing rag head terrorists.  In actuallity, my girlfriend's mom who is a screener, was told that nothing has changed, except that she has to screen MORE bags overall to sque the statistics IF anyone is counting.  This was a dinner topic last weekend, basically the conclusion was that there was really no actual change.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The problem remains though that the wrong people are being harrassed. Being an airline pilot I see it every day I go to work. I am  put through a bunch of unnecessary BS along with the 90 year old ladies and Congressional Medal of Honor wearers. The screeners may still be looking hard at scumbags with rags on their heads but that doesn't stop them from making the rest of our lives miserable at the same time. There is absolutely no common sense being used in the airport security business. It is 99% eyewash to make the unaware masses feel safer but in effect just makes people not want to fly. I'd be all for the long lines and extra hassle if it did one bit of good but it doesn't. It's all useless BS. They need to get some folks with enough brainpower and resources working at the airport security checkpoints to be able to do the job effectively. Right now its just pure hassle with no increase in security.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top