Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/5/2016 1:15:12 PM EDT
Stolen Goods

An active duty Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Security Forces member was arrested Tuesday at his home in Huber Heights on charges of theft of government property, according to court documents filed in Dayton’s U.S. District Court and a federal prosecutor.

Zachary Sizemore allegedly sold at least 38 pieces of military equipment on eBay for $50,000 from July 2013 until November 2016. The most recent online sales were of night vision goggles and thermal monoculars, according to a complaint and affidavit written by an agent with the Dept. of Defense Criminal Investigative Service.

Screen name?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea! But he is going to be loved tenderly in Leavenworth!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that was dumb
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good. That's where that thieving piece of shit belongs.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what they will do with all the eBay buyers? Will they try to recover the stolen items?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm, wonder what kind of armory inventory process they had. DRMO'd?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I am sure this is the first time this has ever happened.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder what they will do with all the eBay buyers? Will they try to recover the stolen items?
View Quote

This.... they should have listed what his ebay username was.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes they will.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes they will.

Last I recall, the type we used on the aircraft were over $7500, so yea, I'm sure that they're gonna go after the buyers to get them back.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
MP's and SP's are the best thieves in the military.

Oh, and in before there's only one thief in the military, everyone else is only trying to get their shit back.

Former MP here....
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hmmm, wonder what kind of armory inventory process they had. DRMO'd?
View Quote

Per the article, his last review stated that he "reconfigured" the arms room.  Sounds like a handy way to adjust the inventory levels.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh, and in before there's only one thief in the military, everyone else is only trying to get their shit back.

Former MP here....
View Quote

The phrase you're looking for is "Tactically Acquired".

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#15]
What a fucking dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
In before TheHorta
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#17]
We need to wait and see what drove him to this....

I'm sure the Liberals will agree with me on this.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
What a retard.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The phrase you're looking for is "Tactically Acquired".
View Quote

Of all the euphemisms I heard when on AD, "re-position .gov assets to align with the current mission" is my personal favorite.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Former MP here....
View Quote

Dammit!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Lock him up and forget about him...I can't stand a freakin' thief.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#22]
In before the "The Fed repossessed my NODS!" thread.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In before the "The Fed repossessed my NODS!" thread.
View Quote

I did double check my ebay purchases (I should be gtg) but based on the articles I read about this guy the shit that he was selling should have been a red-flag to anyone with any sense. Generally I stay far away from guys selling gov't issued IR lasers and current issue thermals.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yup
View Quote

Didn't that happen here in the EE some years back?

Thought it was a supply Marine selling shit and people had the military showing up to collect the stuff?

Am I remembering correctly?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#25]
If it is current equipment, the government will recover, if it has been surpassed by newer stuff, the government will forget it and go on, in the mean time, this guy will probably end up doing more time than a person that murders someone.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Dumbass. 

And a safety brief was born.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#27]
The worst theft ring I saw were Air Force Cops who broke into the EOD offices and stole 200-300k worth of shit.  One of their buddies snitched and they caught them trying to get out of the gate.  Apparently they had been breaking into many offices over a few years because they had all the alarm codes from the base.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If it is current equipment, the government will recover, if it has been surpassed by newer stuff, the government will forget it and go on, in the mean time, this guy will probably end up doing more time than a person that murders someone.
View Quote

I don't know about that. I know someone that bought a bunch of expired MREs off eBay and the MPs came knocking and demanded them back.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Getting a bit nervous?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Former MP here....
View Quote

Well then...I guess we know who he is now
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The worst theft ring I saw were Air Force Cops who broke into the EOD offices and stole 200-300k worth of shit.  One of their buddies snitched and they caught them trying to get out of the gate.  Apparently they had been breaking into many offices over a few years because they had all the alarm codes from the base.
View Quote

I can beat that.  Ft Hood MP's ran a motorcycle theft ring for almost a year on base. They would do all the stealing while on patrol in marked cars.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't know about that. I know someone that bought a bunch of expired MREs off eBay and the MPs came knocking and demanded them back.
View Quote

I'd start laughing pretty hard is a couple MPs walked up to the front door of my home and started demanding shit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought the Air Force had all the smart people.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Former MP here....

If I was smarter back then, I would have gone Air Force....

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#37]
He can get the new Gen. Mattis approved sex change in Leavenworth.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#38]
A friend of mine in Germany put a padlock on his roommates wall locker to help him out because he kept leaving his locker unlocked. Our SOP was get caught three times you get an Article 15. His roommate had already been written up twice, so when Angel saw it open again threw one of his spare locks on it and went to chow.

Asshole roommate called the MP's. Angel got two years at Leavenworth for theft of government property because asshole's LBE and helmet was in the locker. He got two years and a court martial for locking a wall locker

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#39]
He should use the Hillary defense
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We need to wait and see what drove him to this....I'm sure the Liberals will agree with me on this.....
View Quote

It was Bushes fault.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

UCMJ = guilty until proven guilty.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'd start laughing pretty hard is a couple MPs walked up to the front door of my home and started demanding shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for long I imagine.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Getting a bit nervous?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting a bit nervous?

Lol. No way I would buy anything expensive like that on eBay. I figure 87% of that stuff is broken or stolen.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#44]
50,000?

Amateur....
$880,000 stolen FTW!

Former Marine Pleads Guilty To Theft Of $880,000 In Military Equipment From Department Of Defense

Defendant Sold Stolen Soldier Gear Online

Earlier today, at the federal courthouse in Central Islip, New York, Vincent P. Vulaj, a resident of Bronx, New York, pleaded guilty to Theft of Government Property. When sentenced on December 16, 2014, Vulaj faces up to 10 years in prison. The guilty plea was announced by Loretta E. Lynch, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York and Jeremy Gauthier, Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Northeast Field Office, Naval Criminal Investigative Service (“NCIS”).

According to court filings and facts presented during the plea proceeding, between 2009 and 2013, while working as a Staff Sergeant at the 2nd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, Marine Corps Reserves Base in Garden City, New York, Vulaj stole property belonging to the Department of Defense worth more than $880,000, and sold it on eBay.com. The stolen items included tactical helmets, goggles, jackets, vests, sleep systems and backpacks. The Marine Corps Reserves discovered the thefts and reported it to NCIS for investigation. NCIS investigators then purchased some of the stolen equipment online and traced the transactions back to Vulaj. In September 2013, Vulaj was discharged to Individual Ready Reserve (“IRR”) status with the Marine Corps Reserve. Individuals placed on IRR status are subject to recall to active military service.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yes they will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes they will.

Dude I sold the shit to dis other dude. His name is biggie, he stay on the wessssssss side. Don't know his real name.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

After almost 30 years in, I would be surprised to see that!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A friend of mine in Germany put a padlock on his roommates wall locker to help him out because he kept leaving his locker unlocked. Our SOP was get caught three times you get an Article 15. His roommate had already been written up twice, so when Angel saw it open again threw one of his spare locks on it and went to chow.

Asshole roommate called the MP's. Angel got two years at Leavenworth for theft of government property because asshole's LBE and helmet was in the locker. He got two years and a court martial for locking a wall locker
View Quote

I call bullshit. Either never happened or there is more to the story.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#48]
The CID or FBI will come and ask nicely for them to be returned and that they know and understand that you are the victim and did not know that you were buying stolen military hardware. They will explain that if you refuse you risk prosecution because as of this moment you have been informed that you bought stolen government property and refuse to return it. 

I have paperwork from both organizations for items that I returned on two separate occasions. They have the serial numbers and copies of all correspondence. They give you a booklet and a phone number for an agency to call for therapy for being a victim of a crime perpetrated by someone in the military.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#49]
So this guy is why MTM prices tanked and nobody selling theirs could get a fair price.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not for long I imagine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for long I imagine.

You think Military Police has some form of jurisdiction when at my front door?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top