Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 12:01:13 PM EDT
Does anyone know who makes the new camouflage nomex BDUs that are supposed to replace the army flight suits? These are the ones with 4 pockets on the front and 2 on the sleeves that all of the special forces types have started wearing. I have seen some people make their own version by cutting off the bottom pockets and sewing them on the sleeves, but I am not much good with a sewing machine. I don't neccesarily need them in nomex but I do like the extra pockets.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
not even all army aviators have them. they are not available through clothing sales and are restricted items controlled through the unit and issued through ALSS  (aviation life support systems). you will find that what you mostly see are indeed homemade jobs. its a very common practice to add a pocket to the sleeves of a set of field cammies. especially among high speed types. get an old pair of unservicable cammies and the ones you want to modify and head to an alteration shop outside a large military base. odds are good the nice chinese lady there has done it before and will know what you want.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a set but they are packed away somewhere. I refuse to wear them.

At Ft Hood in the Late 80s we int he 1st Cav had to field test crap for the folks that design all that stuff. When they gave us those ABDUs we took em out for a week dragging them in the dirt, catching pockets on corners and tearing them on purpose, and in general trying to destroy them. WE handed them back in after a week or two in shambles. Kept them in the design room for several more years with that.  [:D]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top