Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2007 5:43:27 AM EDT
The last time there was  an air show in my area the promoters had to clear the area under the airspace where ANY "performance" flying was to be done. ALL houses were vacated and the residents were put up on hotels for the length of the show and streets taped off according to FAA regulations.

It sounds like there were people in the crash area.

Did the plane get that  far off course when it hit the tree or did the FAA change the rules?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I find that hard to believe and call
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#2]
We have an airshow here once a year, they go over where I live, friends house too.

Never been told not to be there
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I find that hard to believe and call

I don't find it quite so hard to believe.  There used to be an air show in Kalamazoo that featured the Blue Angels.  The air show went downhill after the Blue Angels no longer came because they required I-94 to be shut down during their performance and that just couldn't be done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top