Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 9:28:05 PM EDT
This last week a few GI's from a local airbase decided it would be fun to drive around town and shoot at houses and cars with a 9mm, .357, and a 12ga.  This made me think, usually you are arming yourself for if someone came into your house.  In this case the person is on the outside shooting in.  Would I be in the right to return fire out of the house at the idiots?  After all, I would have bullets flying into the house how would I not think my life was in danger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you shot them coming AT your house, yes.
If you shot them going AWAY, no.
I think the law always frowns on shooting somebody in the back, no matter what the situation. You could've ran around the block though, and met them head-on!
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top