Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:43:23 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=104&topic_id=4842435&mesg_id=4842435
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The AAR station in my town's been begging for money for months.

Liberals are so weird.  They're so threatened by talk radio they think that they need their own radio station to present their views.  Never mind their views are pushed by all the other media plus the educational system.  Talk radio came about because there was no voice for conservative opinion in any other format.  Liberal talk radio just isn't necessary, it was bound to fail.  Any fool could see that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The shows on AAR stink.

There is a channel in my area too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The shows on AAR stink.

There is a channel in my area too.

One these day they may actually learn that Rush Limbaugh dominates the air waves because he is entertaining and funny. Like him or not he is the master of what he does. Radio stations do not carry Rush because of his politics but because he generates ratings.

If Air America could put on a entertaining show it would generate rating… but it is kinda of hard to get people to listen day in and day out to psychotic rants an nothing ever positive about anything.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
no shit.. well DU's
a bit too late...
or slow to learn.
Learning disabled?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of them may be going to jail over the $800,000 "loan"
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
A quote about a fool and his money comes to mind.  Nothing like giving money so someone can repeat your own views back to you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Liberals are so weird.  They're so threatened by talk radio they think that they need their own radio station to present their views.  Never mind their views are pushed by all the other media plus the educational system.  Talk radio came about because there was no voice for conservative opinion in any other format.  Liberal talk radio just isn't necessary, it was bound to fail.  Any fool could see that.

True. The libs have al the major networks, hollywood, and the entertainment industry at large.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True. The libs have al the major networks, hollywood, and the entertainment industry at large.

Yeah, if they want to trade what they control and dominate for Rush Limbaugh, I'd take it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, if they want to trade what they control and dominate for Rush Limbaugh, I'd take it.

Well that is not what they want... they want it all.

Part of the reason liberal talk radio has a problem is precisely because most of the media and TV are so liberal.

You want to hear the same things that are on Air America turn on PBS and watch any number of programs, NOW for instance. Watch major network news. The media is saturated with the liberal message.

Even now there are a few real Conservative shows on TV but very damn few. And nothing comparable to say again NOW on PBS.

So Conservatives still have to go to talk radio.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#10]
It's all Bush's Fault!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Liberal talk radio will fail.

Reason:  imagination and thought required / no pictures
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top