Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2001 8:33:11 AM EDT
I just got 3 kits from D Rock last week and am here to report on them. First, for being used, they looked BRAND NEW, they were all from what I understand refinished.

The mags were very handy and well made. EASIEST TO LOAD MAG I HAVE EVER SEEN!

Hints for use:

Use highest velocity ammo you can get for best results. Example CCI Stingers, Rem Yellow Jackets etc. One guy posted he got 200rds with no jams or misfires. I used mine in a Colt HBAR and experienced jams after 40rds. I believe using +P 22lr will help (I was using standard Velocity). Also, dont use exposed lead type bullets, used the copper clad to minimized leading the barrel and gas port.

Clean the gun with carb cleaner, gun scrubber etc every 50 rds. (22RF is the dirtiest round to shoot and leaves LOTS of gunk in your upper. I just take out the unit and hose it down as well as the upper, CLP it and put it back in. Takes 2-3 min.

Load the mags as you would any other mag fed rifle that uses rimmed rounds (Enfields). The round on top MUST have it's rim in front of the rim of the round under it.

These are great kits and doing these things will add to the enjoyment and ease of use. It's great to get trigger control practice and short range marksmanship training in for $2 for 50rds.

When done clean gas tube throughly and scrub the barrel with the wire brush.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 8/29/2001 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Just went through 150rds of stingers, 100% reliable, no jams. Pretty much validates my previous thought. The gun was not cleaned from prior shooting of the standard velocity either. I will shoot it until it jams again and count the rounds.
BrenLover
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top