Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/19/2016 8:52:21 PM EST
I do plan on contacting aimpoint, but I took my pistol out today and was planning on shooting it, but the power/illumination knob won't allow it to turn on. It'll move a little bit, but right before it reaches the 1 setting, it comes up against a hard wall. It has never had any issues and I'm not rough on it. Has anyone seen this? Can I fix it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:56:34 PM EST
Don't over torque it with big old flat blade screwdriver, eventually you'll break the stop and damage your sight. Only a retard would do something like that.

Anyway, when I sent it in to Aimpoint (T1, not H1), they mailed me a new sight. Brand new sight, even though I was retarded enough to break it.

Aimpoint earned my business that day.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 8:59:49 PM EST
It worked just fine last week, sat in the safe for a while, went to use it today, no workie.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:01:05 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
It worked just fine last week, sat in the safe for a while, went to use it today, no workie.
View Quote

Send it in to Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:28:53 PM EST
Nobody has seen this before?
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:30:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By DOW:
Don't over torque it with big old flat blade screwdriver, eventually you'll break the stop and damage your sight. Only a retard would do something like that.Anyway, when I sent it in to Aimpoint (T1, not H1), they mailed me a new sight. Brand new sight, even though I was retarded enough to break it.

Aimpoint earned my business that day.
View Quote

Shots fired.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:51:03 PM EST
Called aimpoint and they said send it in, so we'll see if they fit it or replace it.

I figured since I was all ambitious about calling people I might as well call Ruger and ask about my 17hmr that quit extracting about 6 months ago, they're sending me new parts.

And I had to give ALG a call and buy a replacement hardware pack for the six second mount I had to destroy most of the bolts to remove them, everything else fared alright though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:55:35 PM EST
Why was it off?

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:57:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Why was it off?
View Quote

Seriously. All it does is put extra wear on the switch. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 4:12:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Why was it off?
View Quote

I turn stuff off when not in use.
Top Top