Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 10:46:59 AM EDT
YAWN......

Why do I go to these things......they all suck these days....

There was maybe 30 dealers/individauls with crap for sale..

I did find 2 very nice mauser rifles, and had thought about getting one of them, but they were both gone when I made my way back.

I found 4 Garands, in price from $750 to $1500, way to much, one of them had been "imporved" on and made to shoot alot better, no thanks.

3 M1 carbines, all in the $450 to $550 range.

A few ARs, but nothing that tripped my trigger.

only 1 table with ammo, made by someone I have never heard of, so I passed, but no surplus ammo at all.

A few knife tables, a few coin tables....

Oh well, I killed an hour anyway.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I find more and more these days that gun shows, and even gun stores are for people who don't really know much about guns or they don't know what they want.  When I decide I want to buy a gun and then show up at a gun show or gun store, odds are they will not have the exact gun I want.  So I have to order it anyway.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't go to gunshows anyway, unless I can find a private seller with what I want, I'm not taking anything that I'm buying home that day anyway
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, around here if you find an M1 Carbine for $550 it's rather rough. Any Carbine in decent shape will start at $650 and go up from there.

I rarely find anything to get real excited about anymore. Mainly I go to pick up reloading supplies. There's one guy who sells powder for $15/$16 per pound, compared to all the stores who want $20+. Plus he has primers and bullets with fair prices.

And then there's all ways the guys who have the parts bins. I love digging through them to see what I can find.

But I really never expect to find a good deal on a gun. I'm rarely dissappointed.

Got a show coming up in a couple of weeks. Will be looking for AR small parts, ammo and will keep an eye open for a M/N M44 with a pristine bore for a fair price. I intend to be harsh if it's in good shape but priced too high.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
i didnt see a single Springfield M1A / M14 at the last show i went to... not like i have the money to buy one right now but, i thought it was lame they didnt have any there. seems like the prices of the Russian SKs's seems to have gone down too...  so yeah im not impressed by the gun shows lately
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get some great deals at the gunshow if you look hard and pay attention. Just picked up a Stream Light M-3 tactical light. LNIB for 50.00, NOw that was a good little deal. A man must be onguard at all times at a gun show. One slip and you may miss the deal of a lifetime or at least the deal of the gunshow that day. Also picked up some 223 30rnd mags with SS109 for 5.00 a peice with the Mag pouch, Damn shame they only had 3 mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i didnt see a single Springfield M1A / M14 at the last show i went to... not like i have the money to buy one right now but, i thought it was lame they didnt have any there. seems like the prices of the Russian SKs's seems to have gone down too...  so yeah im not impressed by the gun shows lately

That is because the Yugo SKS have flooded the market, and they're just as good or better than most Russian SKSs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top