Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 2:30:43 AM EDT
So I'm moving to a rental condo in a short bit. Just cut the check for the deposit, first month's rent, and set up to get movers to move all my shit in coming up, which is going to require a drive up to Oklahoma to get everything out of storage.

Figure this will set me back pretty much everything I've made for the month, but hey, once it's over, it's over.

Of course! My transmission started failing driving to lunch today.  Probably going to mean buying a new car.

In other news, anyone got new car buying advice?  I'm thinking something fast...

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't buy Chevy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't buy Chevy.
View Quote

The new Z06 looks pretty nice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Of course! My transmission started failing driving to lunch today.  Probably going to mean buying a new car.
View Quote

Get it repaired, instead.  It is guaranteed to be less expensive than a new car,... by a long way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:04:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I vote fix it for now.  Moving into a new place can be a headache,  especially if it isn't what you thought you were getting.  Could have to get a lawyer and it could get messy.. You really want to ask??

Either way,  fix it now. Get settled a few months then move to purchase a new car.  
But that's my vote..
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Get it repaired, instead.  It is guaranteed to be less expensive than a new car,... by a long way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A four thousand dollar transmission into a car worth slightly less than four thousand dollars just isn't how I think I'm gonna do this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top