Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/26/2014 2:30:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/26/2014 2:30:56 AM EDT by ARDestructo]
So I'm moving to a rental condo in a short bit. Just cut the check for the deposit, first month's rent, and set up to get movers to move all my shit in coming up, which is going to require a drive up to Oklahoma to get everything out of storage.

Figure this will set me back pretty much everything I've made for the month, but hey, once it's over, it's over.

Of course! My transmission started failing driving to lunch today. Probably going to mean buying a new car.

In other news, anyone got new car buying advice? I'm thinking something fast...

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:33:44 AM EDT
Don't buy Chevy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:35:01 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mdguy90:
Don't buy Chevy.
View Quote

The new Z06 looks pretty nice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:50:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ARDestructo:
Of course! My transmission started failing driving to lunch today. Probably going to mean buying a new car.
View Quote

Get it repaired, instead. It is guaranteed to be less expensive than a new car,... by a long way.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:04:06 AM EDT
I vote fix it for now. Moving into a new place can be a headache, especially if it isn't what you thought you were getting. Could have to get a lawyer and it could get messy.. You really want to ask??

Either way, fix it now. Get settled a few months then move to purchase a new car.
But that's my vote..
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:30:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

Get it repaired, instead. It is guaranteed to be less expensive than a new car,... by a long way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:
Originally Posted By ARDestructo:

A four thousand dollar transmission into a car worth slightly less than four thousand dollars just isn't how I think I'm gonna do this.
Top Top