Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2002 2:40:03 AM EDT
Tis the season to spend time with the family.  You just gotta love it! Or, NOT!  

I've already told the story about my wifes's liberal cousin.  Now on to yesturdays festivities.  First off we get to the hotel where my wifes parents were staying.  As we are sitting there my wife informs me that her step dad gets nervous when other people drive and ask's if I mind letting him drive.  Thats fine, whatever.  He's a great guy, but get over your fears!  We then go to pick up her grandfather before we head off on a 1+ hour trip into colorado to my wifes aunt and uncles house. Her grandpa is a older guy (82) which is no big deal.  Problem is, his idea of a gift is an overloaded brown paper bag of whatever was on sale at the grocery store.  We load up the paper bags taped shut with medical tape (none of which was for me).  The trip down goes fairly well with the exception of a few slips of the sphincter by gramps.  We made it to CO and my wifes Aunt and Uncle were really nice.  Very hospitable and lots of fun to be around.  We had an excellent dinner with ham blah blah blah.  Grandpa decides to have a beer with dinner and proceeds to bust out the big racial "N" word a couple times.  He got kinda fiesty.  After dinner we moved just off the dining room into the living room to open gifts.  While opening presents grandpa lets out a few more stinkers that everyone seemed not to notice (my wife sure did, I heard about it on the way home).  This is the fun part.  Grandpa was sitting by one of the tables that we ate at opening presents.  The table had a couple lit candles on it but grandpa put presents by them anyway.  After opening a few gifts my uncle ask's my cousins fiance "Would you blow out those candles before they start a fire?".  To which her response was "Ohh, there already is a fire?" in a calm voice.  She then begins to extinguish the fire by fanning it with a greating card.  This obviously didnt work and went on for a couple seconds.  Grandpa came to the rescue and pounded out the fire with one of his gifts.  Finally the whole thing was over and we drove back home with the gassy old man.

I just cant believe that I still have another couple days of this.  I hope I make it [:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 3:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like maybe you should eat some beans and join Grandpa in the fun. Maybe a good game of Blue Darts would do the old guy some good.[:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#2]
The cool part is that you only have to wait a year for the fun to start all over!
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like maybe you should eat some beans and join Grandpa in the fun. Maybe a good game of Blue Darts would do the old guy some good.[:)]
View Quote

I dont think blue darts are a good idea for a someone who has so little control, poor grandpa [:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Well Scott, I can't promise you that much fun at lunch today, but Sean my be able to help out a bit on the gas thing. See ya around noon..Dad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top