Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 8:49:08 AM EDT
My stupid brother in law just called...
My wife is incensed!!

We spent boxing day at her parents for their families Xmass.....we even stayed overnight.....

Today he calls to tell us that his 6 year old HAS HEAD LICE!!!

AHhhhhgg......

My wife is currently washing EVERYTHING!!  I am off to the laundry mat with the bed comforters!!  Yee Haaa...

The worst part of it is.....my wife playfully scratched his head on Thursday.....to which out of the blue he said....." I don't think I have head lice".  His parents said that this was due to them recently checking at school.....

I think the little SHIT knew it!!

Damn.....ever since the call my head has been itching!!!

AHHhhhhh

I think I need to go to the range for a while!!!

We checked our kids and so far we seem to be ok......................

DAM!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:05:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You ass, now MY head is itching!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard in a news story not long ago that current over the counter "cures" will be rendered ineffective in about 4 to 6 years because of resistance developed to them.

Nice huh?

Bob

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
You and your wife should just shave your head and be done with it!

[img]http://www.dmccully.com/nohair110.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Head lice are a sign of good hygiene.  Head lice don't like dirty, oily hair.  The cleaner your kids' hair, the better chance they're gonna get them at some point.  We've been thru the ritual cleansings about four times.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:56:13 AM EDT
[#5]
EEwwwwwww! Stormbringer has COOTIES!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Use Vasoline...and don't ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Head lice are a sign of good hygiene.  Head lice don't like dirty, oily hair.  The cleaner your kids' hair, the better chance they're gonna get them at some point.  We've been thru the ritual cleansings about four times.
View Quote

Thank God.  Now I don't have to worry about getting lice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#8]
When I was a kid, my little sister dragged head lice home from school. Everyone in the family got infested except for me. I used a blow dryer with high heat setting and everyone else air dried their hair. I guess I cooked the buggers and the nits before they could really breed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I was a kid, my little sister dragged head lice home from school. Everyone in the family got infested except for me. I used a blow dryer with high heat setting and everyone else air dried their hair. I guess I cooked the buggers and the nits before they could really breed.
View Quote

Guys, this cure only works on above-the-belt lice.  Don't fry your johnson!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
EEwwwwwww! Stormbringer has COOTIES!!!!
View Quote

I most certainly do not.......well not that I know of...

What makes it worse is the stupid bastard of a brother in law did not bother to call us YESTERDAY when it was discovered....nor did he call his parents..!! DUH!!
His father is MAJOR LEAGUE PISSED OFF......

W-W.....I do not even want to guess!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not supposed to tell ya that NIX isn't working...Vasoline smothers the lottle buggers, some say!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Now my head itches. Dam you!

My stepchildren had them so bad. We just couldn't get rid of them. This was almost a four month battle.  We ended up doing the house, and treating everyone once every six days for almost two months until we finally got rid of them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if Jesus ever got head lice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder if Jesus ever got head lice.
View Quote

bedbugs too!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh well...

IIRC, there were quite a few lice scares when I was in grade school...

My parents would get a call from the school that this or that kid in my (or my sister's) class had lice, and so on... More hair washing, my mom developed a taste for crew cuts, and such... I never got lice, though... Then again, niether of us got chicken pox (we both got the vaccine a few years ago, just in case we wern't really naturally immune) although everyone we knew did...
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#17]
The lice crawl in, the lice crawl out...whoo-ooo-oo...

[img]http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/phthiraptera/pedhhead-labelled.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#18]
These cute little guys live in almost everybody’s eyelashes.

The mite Demodex spp., which belongs to Class Arachnida, Order Acarina, lives around hair follicles (Demodex folliculorum hominis) or in the secretory ducts of sebaceous (fat) glands connected to the hair follicles (Demodex brevis) of humans. The preferred sites are facial skin, forehead, cheeks, eyelashes and external ear channels. The size of demodices varies from 0.1 mm to 0.4 mm. Adult parasites have four pairs of short legs. They can slowly move on the skin especially during the night. In humans, the infestation is known as 'demodicosis' and occurs world-wide.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/thesciencefiles/eyelash/pic1.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Alot...the pics really are awesome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I knew I should not have read this post. (scratch, scratch) Not that it wasn't informative (scratch, scratch), but it makes you think of things (scratch, scratch, scratch) that you normally wouldn't have. Oops, gotta run and (scatch, scratch) take that scalding shower, followed by the body blowdry on high, then the vaseline body wrap.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

If that doesn't work, you can always pop your head in the microwave!![}:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thanks Alot...the pics really are awesome.
View Quote

We librarians are always trying to be helpful! [;D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:24:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The lice crawl in, the lice crawl out...whoo-ooo-oo...

[url]http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/phthiraptera/pedhhead-labelled.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Awesome pic Indeed!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#24]
now my ass itches
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:43:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you have a child in public school you are going to have head lice Its just part of being a parent.

The ghetto schools get them, The fancy high dollar private schools get them, the schools in the middle get them.

Oh and guess what? The cub scouts get them, sunday school gets them, birthday parties get them.
The only way to not get them is....Well there aint no way to not get them!

We have ALL been there! We feel your pain!
View Quote

I've never had lice. I can't think of anyone of my friends through life that have had lice, though I'm sure there were a couple. I do remember one poor kid that got sent home everytime they did a "lice check" in 3rd grade. Maybe Florida just has more lice?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Well it looks as if we got off lice free...

Its been two days and not a bug...

WHEW!

We bought the NIX shampoo but did not use it....the smell was horrible....and it warns that some might react to it....my wife is alergic to all sort of things so we decided to wait it out.....WE WON!!!!

Thats two kids aged 12 and 9 and two parents that are glad to remain nit free...

Never had em.....never want em.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top