Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 1:45:57 PM EDT
After seeing Dave Chappelle on Oprah I believe the theory that Oprah and other black elites are trying to destroy him.  Oprah was mean to him and tryed to make him look crazy.  She was as hostile toward him as she would have been to a KKK member.  You could tell by watching the show that she hated him.  In fact she was yelled at him and tryed to make say he quit for a number of reasons he presented arguments against.

This is sad because he is such a great guy according to a lot of folks.  He is going to give half the proceeds of his movie to charity. He invited a bunch of random people to a block party in new york.
He invited every day people including a highschool band from another state and paid for them to get there.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate Oprah.  That cow thinks she is God in a black woman's body.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What she said.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

After seeing the show I now believe the rumors about her and other black entertainers who are trying to ruin him.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there a link anywhere?  I never watch that show.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
After Bill Cosby had that conference in Detroit, and told the Black Community how it really is, He got slapped with a bogus Sexual Harassment charge......Same thing with Dave.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Who the fuck watches oprah ?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I dont know were to get it but after seeing it I am saddened with humanity.  If you can get a copy do. You will see how cold she treats him. I didnt believe it before but now I have no doubt that he is really being threated by the black elites.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate talk shows in general.  Oprah just seems to be the one without the trash they call "guests."
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about the conspiracy theory one way or the other, but I do believe there must be a lot of people who want him silenced.  He continually portrays the issue of racism in America as something that isn't just one-sided oppression of black people.  He's said a few times on his show and in interviews that the issue isn't race at all, but culture.  I think that alone is enough to piss off a lot of people who would rather be professional victims.  

He seems like a decent, smart, and very funny guy to me.  That's another reason for most no-talent show business clowns to hate him.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Almost every housewife in the US!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm more disturbed that you were watching that show.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I dont watch it normally. But Dave chappelle was on her show and she was part of the conspiracy.  He is suppose to be a really good guy and I wanted to know what happened.  Everything I have read about him is impressive
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted: Who the fuck watches oprah ?
My wife watches. I don't get it, but I caught parts of the show. Dave had an awesome skit poking fun at Oprah, he got her pregnant.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My wife watches. I don't get it, but I caught parts of the show. Dave had an awesome skit poking fun at Oprah, he got her pregnant.

I found the opening funny.  But I found the rest of the show sad and depressing.  I really like Dave I watched his show every time it was on. He is funny and by all accounts a rarity in hollywood.  He seems like a great guy.  

I wish I could do something to help him if he is being threatened.  I feel that he is getting a bad deal because he wont conform to what the Black elite want him to be.  He is going against his masters and that is why the feel so threatend and want to attack him.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I admire him for standing up against the racial bandwagon, Morgan Freeman too.

I HATE opra.  Ever seen at her magazine at the grocery store?  EVERY single issue has a picture of her on the cover. Talk about self worship...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted: I HATE opra.  Ever seen at her magazine at the grocery store?  EVERY single issue has a picture of her on the cover. Talk about self worship...
Oprah doesn't have any kids. She is the end of the line. So she is trying to make sure that her "memory/legacy" lives on. She's just like the gays in that regard. After two generations, it's as if she never existed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#17]
   Dave Chappelle makes his living portraying caricatures of the negative stereotypical black man.

He  woke up one day and discovered that he was being offered a $50 million dollar contract to be the 21st century version of Stepin' Fetchit.

The prototypical movie coon was Stepin Fetchit, the slow-talking, slow-walking, self-demeaning nitwit. It took his character almost a minute to say: "I'se be catchin' ma feets nah, Boss." Donald Bogle, a cinema historian, lambasted the coon, as played by Stepin Fetchit and others:

Dave Chappelle decided that he couldn't continue doing this even though it meant losing himself  and Comedy Central millions and millions of dollars of revenue,

Not to mention the makeup, wardrobe craft services people , camera men and carpenters camera men etc. that he put out of work. He just couldn't do it. Not even for 50 million dollars.

**any offensive words such as " c**n" here are direct quotes and do not reflect this posters belief system.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:46:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

A lot of people watch Oprah.  I used to think that she was a good person and kind hearted but after watching her show today, which i never do but wanted to hear what he had to say about the whole situation.  I was so verry shocked when she got angry and raised her voice telling him "YOU NEED TO WATCH WHAT YOU ARE SAYING YOU ARE ON NATIONAL TELEVISION".  She seemed very angry with him like she wanted the truth to come out so she could say it is not true.

After having watched this interview and compairing it with others that I have seen I have come to the conclusion that she just hates him because the way he has such a passion for what he does.  The fact that he wants to give back to his fans what he can to help them.  I feel that he is one of the best comedians out there today.

I am discusseded with the fact that so many people are so envious of the amount of money that he made for one season.  Part of the money that he recieved in that contract was because he invented the Chappelle Show.  They just need to get over it and stop harrassing him and his family.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont know were to get it but after seeing it I am saddened with humanity.  If you can get a copy do. You will see how cold she treats him. I didnt believe it before but now I have no doubt that he is really being threated by the black elites.

I agree whole heartedly with you on this.  I am so saddened with humanity and the way they are acting toward someone who brings somany people such joy from his comedy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

if you go hear you can watch it.www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm more disturbed that you were watching that show.

Why do so many people just want to start things?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#22]
this is so good  BUMP
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Somebody should seed it.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Chapelle is a threat to the black community but Fiddy Cent isn't?

Oh, now I get it:  Oprah and Cosby wacked Tupac and Biggie.  It was for the children.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Oprah was just pissed about the time Chappelle did that episode where he got her pregnant.

Stupid self-important bitch.  Rock on, Dave!

RED BALLS!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember oprah back when she was using the sets that Phil Donahue threw away and had a perm. Not to mention was as big as a fucking house.

Now, shes a fucking BLACK person that white people watch to feel like they can TOLERATE BLACK people and not feel bad for slamming thier door locks on thier car everytime they see a BLACK person.

She is Blacktical, cool cause shes black, like my rifle.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I would hope Cosby could see the difference and not be a partner with Oprah in whacking Dave.  Still, it seems Dave is uncomfortable about some of the stuff he's done and is talking about giving 1/2 the $ he makes to charity to assuage his occasional guilt at going over the line and rattling Oprah's cage.

I think Shakespeare wrote a play about this, "Much Ado About Nothing."

This is just a corollary to things like the head of the NAACP, Julian Bond, calling Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell "tokens".  Didn't hear Oprah saying anything to Julian for that outrageous comment....maybe because like islam they're uncomfortable criticising the imans/leaders of their religion/race.

Maybe we, as gun-owners to set a good example should come right out in a single voice and say, GW, if you don't get something going on national CCW or affirmation of the 2nd and subsequent negation of state bans, we're going to go off the reservation and vote for an independent candidate.....  

disclaimer...this is just the idle musings of a foggy afternoon, turning dark.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:55:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I would hope Cosby could see the difference and not be a partner with Oprah in whacking Dave.  Still, it seems Dave is uncomfortable about some of the stuff he's done and is talking about giving 1/2 the $ he makes to charity to assuage his occasional guilt at going over the line and rattling Oprah's cage.

I think Shakespeare wrote a play about this, "Much Ado About Nothing."

This is just a corollary to things like the head of the NAACP, Julian Bond, calling Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell "tokens".  Didn't hear Oprah saying anything to Julian for that outrageous comment....maybe because like islam they're uncomfortable criticising the imans/leaders of their religion/race.

Maybe we, as gun-owners to set a good example should come right out in a single voice and say, GW, if you don't get something going on national CCW or affirmation of the 2nd and subsequent negation of state bans, we're going to go off the reservation and vote for an independent candidate.....  

disclaimer...this is just the idle musings of a foggy afternoon, turning dark.

I always thought that Bill Cosby was better than that, since he never realy got into the polatics of Hollywood fame he sort of kept to himself and tryed not to attract bad attention. Why can't these people see the show for what it is just ragging on the bad stereo types that have been personified so much by the media and government.

These people should be punished for what they did. This type of thing should never have happened to someone that makes so many people laugh with him not at him and the sooner that these people realize this the better off we will all be.  They should stop trying to act like God by judging others.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I HATE opra.  Ever seen at her magazine at the grocery store?  EVERY single issue has a picture of her on the cover. Talk about self worship...

Can I have more info on Morgan Freeman? He is Clint Eastwood's friend, so I knew he couldn't be all bad, but I would like to know more about your post.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I HATE opra.  Ever see her magazine at the grocery store?  EVERY single issue has a picture of her on the cover. Talk about self worship...

There thought I'd offer a little grammer help I was going to fix your spelling also, but I didn't think she was worth my time.

Can I have more info on Morgan Freeman? He is Clint Eastwood's friend, so I knew he couldn't be all bad, but I would like to know more about your post.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Dave is the MAN!

He's Rick James Bitch!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#33]
The Dave Chapelle I knew would have never appeared on Oprah. What in the hell happened to him?

Speaking of charity, why doesen't oprah donate half of everything she makes all the time??

Scott

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Screw Opra with a corncob.

Dave Chappelle's appeal is he pokes fun at everyone, and he is mostly correct about his observations.
He is one funny Nigger.

Lebrew
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

....And she gave birth to Dr. Phil through that slimy brown "membrane"

I love Dave Chapelle!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

....And she gave birth to Dr. Phil through that slimy brown "membrane"

I love Dave Chapelle!!!!!

OHHH MY GOODNESS I ALMOST PISSED MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was so funny.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#39]
So you werent watching oprah you were watching Dave.
I get it Daves the man
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
www.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200602/tows_past_20060203.jhtml

Thats the video.

I was not sure if the video would be on the link I posted or not that was the first time I ever tried to do that I'm glad that someone was able to get a link. I was kind of in a hurry my son was having some breathing problems and I had to run.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I have more info on Morgan Freeman?
He is Clint Eastwood's friend, so I knew he couldn't be all bad, but I would like to know more about your post.

He was on 60 Minutes recently.  I saw the whole interview.  Freeman is definitely a 'good guy' in my book.  Here you go:

His social and political views are at times surprising and he pulls no punches.

He says he finds Black History Month “ridiculous.”

“You're going to relegate my history to a month?” asks Freeman. “I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history,” he says, noting that there are no white or Jewish history months.

How can we get rid of racism?

“Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man,” Freeman says to Wallace. “And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn't say, ‘Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.’ You know what I'm sayin’?”

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/14/60minutes/main1127684_page3.shtml

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I have more info on Morgan Freeman?
He is Clint Eastwood's friend, so I knew he couldn't be all bad, but I would like to know more about your post.

He was on 60 Minutes recently.  I saw the whole interview.  Freeman is definitely a 'good guy' in my book.  Here you go:

His social and political views are at times surprising and he pulls no punches.

He says he finds Black History Month “ridiculous.”

“You're going to relegate my history to a month?” asks Freeman. “I don't want a Black History Month. Black history is American history,” he says, noting that there are no white or Jewish history months.

How can we get rid of racism?

“Stop talking about it. I'm going to stop calling you a white man,” Freeman says to Wallace. “And I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You wouldn't say, ‘Well, I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.’ You know what I'm sayin’?”

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/14/60minutes/main1127684_page3.shtml

www.cbsnews.com/images/2005/01/25/image669004x.jpg

I think the thing is that they are all jealous because they thought they would be on top and the highest payed.  Along with the fact that they thought they would get watched a lot also.  I feel that Oprah is the ring leader and wants to get rid of anyone that does not do what they think should be done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top