Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2005 7:29:05 AM EDT
It is nice to be back .. not sure who is still here but this place has sure grown. I fled the liberal land of hilliary and chuck last November and am now in TEXAS / Round Rock !!! yahoo !!!  What a relief from N.Y. , although Austin is a lot more liberal than any city should be !!! But i love these gun laws , I traded in my Browning .380 two weeks ago for a H&K USP compact .45 , i was out of the shop, new H&K in hand in less than 20 minutes , that don't happen in N.Y.  The only pain is I could not transfer my concealed permit and have to take the 13 hour CHL course but thats a small price to pay for these freedoms. I also have to see about getting my Class III now that I'm finaly in the land of the free. Hope everybody is doing great !!

-roger

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been thinking about Texas too. Glad to hear the report.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Besides what i already mentioned , the best part of Texas is Texans, people here love their state , I've been to almost every state in the union , and i'v never seen state pride like people here have for their home and heritage . it's awesome. I know i'll never be a true Texan but people have gone out of there way to welcome me and my family here and make us feel right at home.

A few other great things are :
Friday nights and football
Saturdays and UT games
tex-mex
no state income tax !!
no snow
RUDY'S
I could go on and on.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Son, you are already a 'True Texan'!

(You already lived here longer than Davy Crockett lived in Texas! And we know he was a'True Texan'!)

And those kind words are appreciated by all of us Texans here at ARFCOM!

Now, when you coming to the Hun Farm?

Eric The('Texas'Means'Friendly')Hun
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I on was on a 6 month contract in Dallas, I "discovered" Sonny Bryan's BBQ.  Texas also a anti-litter campaign, whose slogan is "Don't mess with Texas," pretty snazzy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top