Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2010 5:26:05 AM EDT
I am running a 6 month old Dell with Vista, never a problem till this morning, I have no sounds

I checked the sound card and it says it is installed and functioning properly.

I unhooked the speakers I had and put the set off of my son's computer that I know work and still no sound

I went back into device driver and disabled the sound devices and re-enabled and still nothing.

I am out of ideas

Update

I had to uninstall the drivers for all audio devices and reinstall and it's like magic or something

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 5:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Turn the volume up
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If it is a driver problem you probably need to uninstall the old driver.  My Vista notebook occasionally loses the volume control and network icons in the taskbar.  I uninstall the audio driver and reboot and the system comes back up looking for an audio driver.  I point it to the drivers directory and it reinstalls and everything is good again.  I have no idea what causes this to happen and don't recall how I came upon the solution but it works.  In just over two years this has happened maybe four times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top