Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 5:47:33 PM EDT
On FOX News Channel either last night or this morning, they were talking about the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan that has been fighting the Taliban and Bin Laden for years.  They are begging us to strike and say they have 15,000 troops to commit.  These guys, I believe, know their way around and know how to hit the Taliban bases, cities, etc.  Maybe we should just start with some air cover and some material help and see how they do.  I bet with the proper support, they could kick some ass, as they have seemed to hold on for quite some time with apparently very little help from anyone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
They would be extremely useful. A huge asset.
I hope we treat them better than the Kurds
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Be Patient "The Day of Reckoning" is near.

They will be excellent "Temporary" allies. After the Talibans have been taken out, they will hate us and form another "Terrorist Group".
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They would be extremely useful. A huge asset.
I hope we treat them better than the Kurds
View Quote

I was thinking...Bay of Pigs.

But Bat21 is right. We'll help them win. And in return they'll hate us.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We'll help them win. And in return they'll hate us.
View Quote

like the soviet afgan affair. the more things change the more they stay the same.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a great idea.  Let's give them some Stinger missles.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a great idea.  Let's give them some Stinger missles.
View Quote

You're a card
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Be Patient "The Day of Reckoning" is near.

They will be excellent "Temporary" allies. After the Talibans have been taken out, they will hate us and form another "Terrorist Group".
View Quote

Exactly.

Any bets on where the neXt Osama will come from?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
We have at least one in the U.S. in "Deep Cover". We probably have "Dozen's" of "Sleepers" amongst us now. Like the Chinese, they are patient and have time on their side.

One of our problems is that we assume that we are dealing with stricly "Radical Muslims" that twist the meaning of the "Quran" to suit their own agenda.

We have other groups in this country that may well assist them, in other words, "Non-Muslims".
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#10]
All allies are “temporary” - If they can help us, let’s join forces.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Woo this is a big war . I mean when are we going to kick some ass? There is all this talk and no action, just like the members of this board. All talk. I am ready bring it on.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Woo this is a big war . I mean when are we going to kick some ass? There is all this talk and no action, just like the members of this board. All talk. I am ready bring it on.
View Quote

I'll chip in the first $100 to buy John Wayne a one way ticket to Kabul. Anyone else want to donate to the cause?

Of course, I'd also bet twice that much that faced with the real prospect of having to back up his talk, his little raisins would shrivel up even more and he'd come up with a few convenient excuses why he couldn't go.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
If they are so good then why do they only control 5% of the country.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a hundred for John too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I am a vet and a Patriot. Gather your change.

I have my DD214.  I would love to go after Ben.

I cant find in History where we have declared War and then sat around and wait to see what happens.  Just what are we whaitting for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Position your pieces THEN strike!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#17]
People let's remember something we also thought we could trust the south Vietnamese and what did a lot of them do to us. They where just spy's for the north and many of are troops died because of that.

Now you can say a lot of them did help us but are you willing to bet your life on it.

Let's not have this another NAM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top