Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 9:04:59 AM EDT
I was listening to a story about the afgan elections this morning.

They said that to cut down on people voting more than once ... they were putting an ink mark on peoples thumbs after they voted.

This seems like a good idea.

Maybe some nifty chemists could come up with a "one day tatoo" type chemical.

Get your ballot, get a hand stamp that can't easily be washed off within a day, and off to the voting booth you go.

For the paranoid among us, the stamp could even have "666" on it.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The Dems use absentee ballots to get most of their double dipping votes in.  How else would the Democrats registered in both New York and Florida make it to the polls in time.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I heard another report that they were easily able to wash it off, and vote again.

Yeah, that's what the one I listened to said. Probably the same story on public radio.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
They use this method all over the 3rd world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top