Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:56:48 PM EDT
Decided I probably should upgrade from CDs to mp3s for my workout/jogging music but I know little to nothing about them.

What would be a good player and what features should I be looking for? I'm willing to spend up to $200 if the player is worth the money.

What's the quality of mp3s vs Cds?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:59:12 PM EDT
I just got an IPOD mini. It rocks. They are being discontinued in favor of the new NANO ipod. Get one cheap.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:02:36 PM EDT
This is actually really easy.

Stick with Apple iPods and you can't go wrong. Quality is great and the sound is decent for a protable device. The thing about audio quality is that when it comes to MP3s, you control the quality. If you copy a song from a CD in 64kbps format, then you're asking for shotty quality. Many set a minimum of 192kbps as a decent audio compression rate. It's up to you. The better the quality, the more space your songs are going to take on your MP3 player.

Apple has just released the new iPod nano series of players, you can get the $200 version which holds roughly 500 tracks. You can also step up to the $250 version which holds 1000 tracks.

I for one own a 20 gig Sony Network Walkman which can hold about 14,000 tracks at the crappiest compression rate.
Top Top