Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 7:23:46 PM EDT
I'm looking for some binoculars.
I want some good quality compact style, folding etc...
I don't want the cheap walmart tascos but I don't want to spend for Steiners either.
These will be kept in the truck for G.P. use and for sports events.
Price ??, maybe $100 or less ??
All recommendations are welcome !!

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Get Nikon.  They have several models in the $90-$120 range that are the best bang for the buck you will find.  I like the 8/23's (Venturer?) myself.    
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Steiner 7 x 50 Military/Marine's are pretty good for cheap ones!

I would like to have a pair of Leica's one of these days...but I can't find anyone to sell a kidney to!

Zeiss has some pretty good ones that were just over $100.00 in a compact version.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
What about the best place to purchase ??
Who has a good selection and good prices ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...but I can't find anyone to sell a kidney to!
BigDozer66

Have you tried E-bay?

I've seen some of those high end Swaroski and Zeiss, oh man, oh man. Have you tried the Pentax and Nikons?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#6]
get the swarovski's. You won't be disappointed.

Actually the Pentax DCF are great at about 300.  For a hundred I'd just buy extra gas a drive a little closer to what you want to look at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top