Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2001 10:08:34 AM EDT
Experts, I could use your advice and experience so I  don't make stupid mistakes.....

I purchased a Bushmaster AK Shorty last year, while living in Georgia.

I recently relocated to West Texas, where service rifle competitions are very popular.

I'd like to compete, but obviously my Bushmaster is not set up for competition.

To get to the point:  I'd like to get a new upper, or maybe send in my upper and have it replaced with a competition upper in the 20" barrel length.

Anyone have any advice on this?

What about the lower?  Is it adequate "as is" for comp.???

Can anyone recommend a company?

Also, does a flash suppressor affect accuracy?

I am L.E., and can purchase a flash suppressed weapon, for competition, or go with a plain barrel.....

Although I don't think I can legally put an L.E. upper on my post-ban lower, even though I can buy it....

My thinking is that since I can purchase an original configuration AR with suppressor, why not?

If it will affect my accuracy however, I will forego it.

Estimated cost for this venture?

I'm asking all of you experts for advice here???

Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome lawdog, try posting your question in the "competition forum" good luck [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top