Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:59:32 PM EDT
Hi All,

My son, a junior at Allentown High School (NJ not PA), is starting an Adopt-a-Platoon drive for the school. I have registered with the Adopt-a-platoon www.adoptaplatoon.org/ and he will be asking the school about setting up monthly donation drives and weekly letter writing to our platoon (don't know which one that will be). Any recommendations on going about getting donations, what kind of items they need (their website has a pretty good list also) and what kinds of letters to write? Any thoughts about the adopt-a-platoon organization? I'd like to hear from any service members that might have been "adopted".

Thanks

WBK
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:45:16 PM EDT
i got my platoon adopted by this sight last year,

it was awesome, it really did help make iraq a little easier.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:19:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GlockLuvinRedleg:
i got my platoon adopted by this sight last year,

it was awesome, it really did help make iraq a little easier.

Thats awesome GLR. Thats the kind of feedback that I was waiting to hear. Appeciate it and thanks for your service!

WBK
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:02:24 AM EDT
Tag for the Day Crew

WBK
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:15:33 PM EDT
Bump for the night crew

WBK
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:20:33 PM EDT
I'll be going in Feb. I'm sure the Marines will appreciate anything.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:27:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 3:28:24 PM EDT by joecav]
My wife and I have adopted four guys over the last few years, all in Iraq. It's fun. In the beginning, after the war, the troops really needed certain items and we sent boxes of stuff (underwear, towels, moist towelets, etc) now it's letters dvds phone cards etc... Worthwhile cause and nice to help out some. Joe
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:28:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
I'll be going in Feb. I'm sure the Marines will appreciate anything.

Wow a tooth brush we haven't got supplied like this since the national guard was here last year!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:24:08 PM EDT
Hey, sometimes it's the thought that counts!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:37:25 PM EDT
That's why I'm asking. Hate to go through the trouble and have a bunch of guys grumble "Oh great. It's that time of month again". I'd rather have them excited at the prospect that we do support them over here and show it by getting them the things they need!

If ya don't want toothbrushes, we sure as hell won't send toothbrushes.

Maybe just some floss.

WBK
Top Top