Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2003 9:14:22 PM EDT
I added a lot on to all the family's BOB's this weekend (spent a small fortune too)
Where is a good list to find on BOB's?
I know I am forgetting a whole bunch of things.
I did get a really good deal on 5 ALICE packs ,I paid no more then 20 bucks each.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
BOB=Big Old Bitch.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
BOB=Big Old Bitch.
View Quote

LOL, No it means Bug out bag, as in if the SHTF and you gotta get out quick.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a search for BOB (bail out or bug out bag) and you'll find quite alot.   Do another for SHTF (shit hit the fan).  

Go to assaultweb.net and perform the same searches.  

You'll find that there is alot of folks on these boards that have fantastic suggestions and information.  Since the locations of board members are all over, you'll probably find information pertaining to your particular neck of the woods.

Good luck.........
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Always here to help...
I do not endorse the information only provide it to you because I found it one day. Hell I havent even read most of whats on the lists.
[url]http://home.earthlink.net/~grimitch/TFLGoBag.htm#_Toc527791127[/url]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
This will cover most of it.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0006531407/qid=1052201668/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-3316413-3372106[/url]

and no BOB is complete without a copy.

[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0006531407.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BOB=Big Old Bitch.
View Quote

As for my wife, BOB stands for "Battery Operated Boyfriend"
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guys.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
[URL]http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=123[/URL]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#9]
The only reason to "bug out" is radiation.
Or a pre-emptive bug out, if you are somehow aware of an impending crisis.

The "bug out" concept is usually about leaving a heavily populated area, for a less populated one.
Or, "head for the hills".
You're from Jersey, the most densely populated area in the Nation.  If you flee west, south or north, within 20 miles (if you get that far) all traffic will be stopped because of accidents or breakdowns.  It will be rush hour times 1,000.  There you'll be, shoulder to shoulder with a frightened mob.

If you're fleeing disease, that means you will die.  The others fleeing will be infected.
So just stay put and let the disease burn itself out.

Radiation is something that you have to flee.
But the panicked mobs will flee as well.  You will become the panicked mob.  No "BOB" will be of much use.  All the roads will be jammed, and you will be on foot.

Buy a sailboat.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only reason to "bug out" is radiation.
Or a pre-emptive bug out, if you are somehow aware of an impending crisis.
The "bug out" concept is usually about leaving a heavily populated area, for a less populated one.
Or, "head for the hills".
You're from Jersey, the most densely populated area in the Nation.  If you flee west, south or north, within 20 miles (if you get that far) all traffic will be stopped because of accidents or breakdowns.  It will be rush hour times 1,000.  There you'll be, shoulder to shoulder with a frightened mob.

If you're fleeing disease, that means you will die.  The others fleeing will be infected.
So just stay put and let the disease burn itself out.

Radiation is something that you have to flee.
But the panicked mobs will flee as well.  You will become the panicked mob.  No "BOB" will be of much use.  All the roads will be jammed, and you will be on foot.

Buy a sailboat.  
View Quote

[green]No that is a wrong assumption,radiation is not the only reason to leave.
If there is a terrorist attack of any magnitude the masses will run out of food and other essentials in three days,that means riots and mass civil unrest.
The fact is we could stand off a small army if we have to but it might be better to head for the Pa. hills ,I can reach Pa. in thirty minutes and be in the hills 15 minutes after that and I can go off road to get there if I have to.[/green]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Again, ONLY if you are ahead of the mob.
What if you and your wife are not colocated at the time of the attack?
What if communication such as cell phones doesn't work?
You BETTER have a plan to meet somewhere.
Either way, chaos eats time.

You'll find that others are also trying to "reach Pa. in thirty minutes".  That thirty minutes will quickly become thirty hours.
You will have to abandonn your vehicle, because during such a mass exodus, the roads will be impassable.  MILLIONS will be doing just like you.
Then, there you are, with just a B.O.B..

I hope that you have at least two weeks worth of food and water at home.
I hope you have a well stocked and defended destination.
I hope that you have alternate plans for your alternate plans.

IF you can leave before the mass exodus, then do it.
But if there's a chance you'll get swallowed up in the millions of panicked, fellow fleers...
....well, I wouldn't risk MY family.

A sailboat with a good motor, 2 weeks worth of food, and fishing gear is a good idea.
People at sea will be alot more polite than those you'll meet on the road, and at the choke points over the Delaware.

Food for thought.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top