Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 10:08:13 PM EDT
I know that people will say bullshit,but James Earl Jones came into the gunstore I work at and bought a gun!!
I wasn't working, during the week, he came in and ended up buying an old Colt SSA that we have had for a year or so.
He was talking about his extensive 1911 collection to the other guys that work there.
Our owner kept the surveillance tape that has him on it, and since he is a NY resident, he has his transfer paperwork in the back office!!

The down side is that fact that he is getting rather frail, and I was told that his breathing is very labored.
That is a real shame.

I hope he gets better soon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]

He's always been on my good-guy list:

[b]"Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns."
~ [red]James Earl Jones[/red].[/b]

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
However he stopped doing the EIB catchphrase for Rush because of liberal harrasment.
View Quote

Yep, probably true. Hollywierd is so liberal that in order for some people to find work, they've got to keep their conservative views to themselves. Only a very select few, such as Tom Selleck etc can actually speak their pro-gun mind and still get jobs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I wondered where JEJ had gone.  I miss him in movies and am damn proud to have him on the right side.

He was the top man on the Dark Side in the 70's and 80's.  

I nominate him as [b]Official AR15.com Narrator[/b].

TS
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#6]
He has that distinctive voice that instantly gets your attention.  Great orator.  I first saw him as a B-52 crew member in Dr. Strangelove.  Never had a reason to dislike him, unlike Danny Glover.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Let's get him to do a voice for IM!

[JEJvoice]This, is your IM[/JEJvoice]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:34:34 AM EDT
[#8]
James Earl Jones rocks!

[JEJ as DV]"you do not know the power of the dark side"[/JEJ as DV]

[;D]

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/graphics/mlkday.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
However he stopped doing the EIB catchphrase for Rush because of liberal harrasment.
View Quote

Yep, probably true. Hollywierd is so liberal that in order for some people to find work, they've got to keep their conservative views to themselves. Only a very select few, such as Tom Selleck etc can actually speak their pro-gun mind and still get jobs.
View Quote

Oh forgot to say that, I've heard and I can't confirm officialy, that even hig-statured folks like Steven Speilberg and George Lucas has a very very extensive firearms collections, and even they don't want to upset the apple cart by publicizing that they are gun owners among the politically correct Hollywood crowd.

Quoted:
The down side is that fact that he is getting rather frail, and I was told that his breathing is very labored.
That is a real shame.

I hope he gets better soon.
View Quote

That is one thing about personally getting old, all those actors/actresses that you watched while growing up are passing on. He was pretty old when he did the voice for Darth Vader in the Star Wars series, and recently I still see him in commercials adverising Verizon cell-phone service. I too hope he gets better. Maybe he was just a bit under the weather.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:47:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Been a fan of his ever since I saw him in the first Conan movie. A good actor and a GREAT voice. Glad to hear he's one of the good guys...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Hard to believe he started out as a serious stutterer, & became the orator that he is. Pretty impressive in itself.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:21:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh? When was this? What catchphrase?

I've listened to Rush on and off since 1991, and almost daily since 1994, and I don't remember that...

Edited to add: I recently read somewhere that Steven Speilberg ownes the largest single collection of fully-automatic weapons in the civilian sector. Can someone confirm that?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh? When was this? What catchphrase?

I've listened to Rush on and off since 1991, and almost daily since 1994, and I don't remember that...
View Quote
I know he was the voice of CNN for a LONG time.

[b]THIS... is CNN"[/b]

Quoted:
Edited to add: I recently read somewhere that Steven Speilberg ownes the largest single collection of fully-automatic weapons in the civilian sector. Can someone confirm that?
View Quote
If so... maybe that's his way of "cornering the market" on FA firearms to control their distribution [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Just because they own full-autos doesn't mean they use them or even like them at all.  Lately full-autos have become a pretty popular investment.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Been a fan of his ever since I saw him in the first Conan movie. A good actor and a GREAT voice. Glad to hear he's one of the good guys...
View Quote

The first Conan was directed by John Milius, he is a NRA Board member is the best. He played Doom, great movie, I even went out and bought the sound-track.

Quoted:

View Quote

It is just a rumour. Who knows? One thing for sure, he certainly can affort it though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#17]
This is great news!! I've always like James Earl Jones. Great actor and a GREAT voice!!

I doubt Speilburg is one of us. I'm pretty sure he's one of the uberliberals. It's just that he can afford an extensive Class lll collection (if the rumor is true) and it's okay because he's one of the social elite.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I have heard JEJ lives about an hour and a half north of New York City and buys a bunch of guns etc in the area.  All the local shop owners know him.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Kar98,you are a prick.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#20]
IBTFW!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#21]
The quote I have for James Earl Jones is:
The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.
- James Earl Jones
View Quote
 Good one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#22]
James Earl ray??........What the fuck?!?!

Is that nazi humor  or something?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
James Earl ray??........What the fuck?!?!

Is that nazi humor  or something?
View Quote
No, it was a real fvckup by the people supposedly 'honoring' James Earl Jones.

Morons are everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Gawd,talk about having your head up your ass.

Thats a pretty serious screw up.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
From our resident nazi [:K]

Quoted:
[img]http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/graphics/mlkday.jpg[/img]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Kar98,you are a prick.
View Quote

I'll second that.  But to be fair about it, you would have to label him as a Nazi prick.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Kar98,you are a prick.
View Quote

Thats not Photoshop, thats a real mistake.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kar98,you are a prick.
View Quote

Thats not Photoshop, thats a real mistake.
View Quote

Indeed it is, still, he's a Nazi [:K]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top