Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2002 2:01:01 PM EDT
I recently got my CCW and went to a local gunshow.  I found a nice NIB Glock 26 with adjustable sites and a grip extension for $500. No purchase permits, no waiting, no hassels. I was definetly pleasantly suprise.  I have a question for the more knowledgable member. I used to always get delayed on th NICS check. Question 9L on the form.  Since I got my CCW no more delays. Any connection?
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I am not sure about how they do it in MI...

But here in AZ, once you have a CCW, you no longer have to go through NICS. We have been finger printed (all 10 fingers) and a background check before we are issued our CCW.

It might be the same for you. So... enjoy the no waiting!

Wanted to add, sometimes a dealers will cut us a small discount because of the CCW. They don't have wait on the phone, so it saves them time, money.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
this is kinda odd, but if you're talking about gibraltar trade center, i was looking at that same gun friday, and i came back saturday, and it was gone!  [argue] my bad luck, your good luck.  i didn't need another damn glock anyway :-)
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted: Since I got my CCW no more delays. Any connection?
View Quote

Absolutely!!!  I work gunshows & also have a CCL. The women who run the checks tell me that if an applicant has a name in common with several others who have some sort of record, they'll delay or deny it.
WHY they do this with the SSN on the 4473 is BEYOND me, but I digress.
Anyway, they say it allows a preclusion that the applicant is already ok since they have the CCL which in TN takes up to 90 days to get approved.
So by all means continue to use your CCL, it'll make life much more fun at gun shows!!! >gg<
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It works that way in Texas.  You have to fill out the form, but they don't have to call it in.  My buddy calls it the 'hunters' Visa'.  I'm going to be trying to get my CHL (the Texas Concealed Handgun License) soon.  It's damn espensive here in Tejas, that's for sure!!

($100-150 for the class, and $140 for the app fees)

[pistol]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got my Virginia CCW, Federal Top Secret Clearance, C&R firearms license, a not common last name...and I always get the bullshit "gotta call back in 30 minutes".

Which means, at most gunshows I can't buy shit.  Most dealers there won't bother with a call-back.

I've asked the VA State Police what the problem is.  They say, "Can't tell you"....really helpful.

The Feds say CCW doesn't protect you from the NICS crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top