Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 9:54:42 AM EDT
Any one ever tried this? Its kind of a long read but may be worth it.

Better Milage
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
If you spill it, your paint will cost more than any possible mileage gain.

I suggest a rain dance for gas.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I filled my truck today for a total of 80$ 32 Gallons of diesel. If I thought a fuel dance might work I would be dancing in the street.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel very confident when I say this,

That idea has about as much factual basis as those "vortex generators" they sell to put in your cars air intake.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:12:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That idea has about as much factual basis as those "vortex generators" they sell to put in your cars air intake.

Yeah,it's the magnets you put on your fuel lines that increase the mileage .

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#5]
ive heard of this... i say horse pucky!

though ive heard of it being used as an octanebooster.    if your gonna do that, just go buy tolulene(thats what most of the aftermarket boosters are... they inthemselves may help milage slightly, due to a more controlled burn. but i wouldnt expect much of a gain at all.)
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just imagine the mileage if you added acetone, used magnets on your fuel line, and installed the vortex generators. You might never have to fill up again. w00t!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#7]
If it adds anything, it takes away due to the accelerated decline of the gaskets and other fittings. Acetone is a very effective solvent.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If it adds anything, it takes away due to the accelerated decline of the gaskets and other fittings. Acetone is a very effective solvent.

+1

Beware putting anything other than gas in your car.  All that rubber is only rated for gasoline products.  If you put something else in there it could eat away your gas lines, tank, pump.

Doh!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#9]
read the web site
http://www.peswiki.com/energy/Directory:Acetone_as_a_Fuel_Additive
i have been doing it for about 6 months and have good results and have buddys that have gotten great results, it depends on the car/ truck, i have gotten a 20% gain on my 2003 dodge caravan and my buddy has an ford f350 camper that got 7mpg befor and 10 mpg after.
all the people that say bad things about it that i have meet have not tryed it themself.
read the site the lower part of the page has the results of the people that are doing it.
kychas
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just imagine the mileage if you added acetone, used magnets on your fuel line, and installed the vortex generators. You might never have to fill up again. w00t!

Actually, you must be VERY CAREFUL when combining economy aids because if the total claimed improvement exceeds 100%, you can get into a potentially dangerous situation where the fuel tank can actually overflow from the gasoline made as you are driving down the street.  

If the combined economy improvement is over 100%, you should stop every 20 miles and siphon off the excess to prevent any spilled fuel danger.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Exactly!  It will destroy your seals.    

But, if you use the Vortex, magnets,marvel mystery oil, octane booster AND acetone, then you will boost your economy to the point where gasoline actually comes flowing back out the filler tube.  Add up all the MPG savings they say, and you'll see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top