Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 10:18:50 AM EDT
I just got done watching SLC Punk today for the umpteenth time, and I had just rewatched American History X the other day.  It struck me that both of these movies pretty accurately depict the subcultures that they represent.  These movies happen to represent aspects that I have some personal experience with. Conversely, Higher Learning is one of the worst depictions of that scene that I've ever seen.

What movies have you seen that accurately or inaccurately depict things that you know something about?   I know we've had tons of threads about war and LE movies and how accurate or inaccurate they are, so I think we can skip those in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Michael Mann films
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The pit trading scenes in Trading Places were fairly well done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top