Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2014 12:37:42 AM EDT
Yesterday I made a first-time visit to to a recently opened Academy Sports store. I noticed that this location carries a selection of Lee and RCBS reloading equipment as well as Winchester primers and Hornady bullets (no powder).

Is this a new thing? The other two Academy stores in the area do not stock these items or at least did not the last time I was in either of them.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#1]
no.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The ones around here stock primers but no other reloading supplies or equipment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The prices on most of the stuff was fairly high. A nearby Sportman's Warehouse beats them on most of what they offered.

They have an RCBS rotary media separator for $39 but the box it's in is beat all to hell. I should ask them if they're willing to give me a floor model discount on it provided it's not damaged.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#5]
The one nearest to my place just did the whole renovation a month or two ago, now they're carrying bullets, primers, books, presses, and the usual accessories.

They are currently waiting on the safe and certification to stock powder.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The store I was in carried:

HORNADY

Pistol and rifle bullets

WINCHESTER

Primers (SP and SR)

LEE

Breech Lock Challenger Press

Anniversary Press kit

Load-all Press

Perfect Powder Measure

RCBS

Rock Chucker Supreme

Rock Chucker Supreme Master Kit

Electronic and Beam Scales

Media separator
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#7]
My local Academy carries reloading stuff but they are pretty pricey.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Nope. Been like that for a year or so here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes it is new. From my friend who works at my local one they are getting into that market . prices are not great and selection is still small , mine just got dies
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top