Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/30/2004 5:54:59 PM EST
So, I just thought I wold tell you all about my evening. We put on a murder mystery at the library this evening and I got to play a really bad witch. (Bad as in I routinely accidentally kill people with my spells!) It was a blast though! I got to kill some vampires, talk to a spirit guide and throw lots of garlic and pretty much steal the whole show. If you all ever get a chance to go to one of these things, I highly recommend it...much fun for all.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:17:57 PM EST
glad you had fun, ML--wish i couldve made it over
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:56:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

It was a blast...you would have liked it. The great thing is that I got paid to act like a complete moron.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:28:52 AM EST

Originally Posted By MarianLibrarian:

It was a blast...you would have liked it. The great thing is that I got paid to act like a complete moron.

Hey, I need a job like that. I'm sure I would excell!!!

Seriously, glad you had fun! Is this common at local libraries? I take the kids to story-time every week, but never thought of an adult night out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:59:18 AM EST
That sounds like a blast! I'd love to try that!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 12:59:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/31/2004 1:02:02 PM EST by MarianLibrarian]

Originally Posted By Persephone:

Hey, I need a job like that. I'm sure I would excell!!!

Seriously, glad you had fun! Is this common at local libraries? I take the kids to story-time every week, but never thought of an adult night out.

Our library has a ton of success with children's programs and so we were looking for a program that would be successful for adults (you have no idea how hard it is to get adults to come to the library for programs) and we heard about another library that had done this. We had more than 60 people attend, we served little finger foods and had a ton of fun. My character was a witch who accidentally burnt six people to death in a spell gone wrong so I was trying to convince the townspeople that I was sorry. I got to kill the vampire in the end so I think I redeemed myself.

ETA: Most libraries have programs for adults...you should check them out. At my library we have had all sorts of cool programs on stuff like watercolor painting, haunted places (with pictures!), gardening, quilting and other interesting stuff. You should check the programs out for adults, you would be amazed at what some libraries do!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:45:23 PM EST
Sounds cool! I went to a murder mystery a long time ago and really enjoyed it. I have always wanted to try one of those dinner participation murder mysteries as well. Sounds like a nice break from reality
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:23:00 PM EST

It's cool when someone can take their hobby and ALSO get paid to do it!

Do you hire out for Xmas parties?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:13:18 PM EST
Hey, I'm in your area and I'm interested in doing this. Please IM me (or call or whatever - I think QS has our number) whenever something like this comes up again if you're looking for participants.
Sounds like fun.
GC
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:26:21 PM EST
I'll keep you all in mind! This was a staff only thing, but at some point we may look to outsiders because we had a hard time being able to manage all of our schedules. You all are always welcome to come a be a part of the audience...they are catered, so its worth it just for the food!
Top Top