Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 8:37:11 AM EDT
The cost was based on an average daily pay of $130(according to the company that did the figuring). If you look at the data from the last census, the mean income in the US is only $23,000 a year, thats less than $130 a day in wages, infact thats about $63 and change a day as a daily wage. Am I looking at something wrong here or missing something? What am I missing? Where are they getting the $130 daily average wage from?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
One of my employees asked for half the day off (to see star wars) .... he makes $192 per day ....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
One of my employees asked for half the day off (to see star wars) .... he makes $192 per day ....

Right, but they are basing all of this on an average daily wage of $130, but according to the census data, the daily wage(based off mean yearly income) is well under half of that guys, but half the daily wage used to figure out how much it was costing companies. Maybe I missed something in the census data or something and I'm looking at the wrong numbers in the census data...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#3]
A guy I work with took last night off to go see the movie, afterwards he was going to a star wars costume party.  He's in the 30's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If someone uses leave, that they accrued under their terms of employment, how does that "cost" the company anything???
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
most of the kids, or adults that live in there moms basement going to this this movie probably only do make that much.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The cost was based on an average daily pay of $130(according to the company that did the figuring). If you look at the data from the last census, the mean income in the US is only $23,000 a year, thats less than $130 a day in wages, infact thats about $63 and change a day as a daily wage. Am I looking at something wrong here or missing something? What am I missing? Where are they getting the $130 daily average wage from?

If the number is higher than the actual paid wage, it could reflect additional costs that the employer may have to pay (health ins for example) to employ said individual.  Just a guess.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#7]
There is predicted to be a big sick-day so that people that waste their vacation time can still see the movie.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If someone uses leave, that they accrued under their terms of employment, how does that "cost" the company anything???

It don't, the whole subject is as silly as those that take off work to see a movie when they could have just waited a couple days.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It don't, the whole subject is as silly as those that take off work to see a movie when they could have just waited a couple days.

Or gone AFTER the work day is over........
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#10]
There's an air show at Selfridge tommorrow so I suspect most will go see it and then Episode 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top