Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 12:40:31 PM EDT
I've noticed a lot of bashing going on.  Most of them are not that bad, but I've seen some that just baffle me. Recently, there was a religion bashing.  I found it [b]really[/b] offensive, and I'm sure others did too.  Something should be done about that degree of bashing.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've noticed a lot of bashing going on.  Most of them are not that bad, but I've seen some that just baffle me. Recently, there was a religion bashing.  I found it really offensive, and I'm sure others did too.  Something should be done about that degree of bashing.  
View Quote

Unfortunately for those of us who would like a family oriented pg (or better yet g-rated) forum, we are stuck with numerous evil doers who will stop at nothing to insult and bash everything.  The only possible solution is to ban them permanently when they first rear their ugly heads.

I propose that a committee should analyze each post for appropriate content before it is processed and added to a thread, anyone creating a thread or reply that could possibly be perceived as mildly offensive to any forum member or potential forum member should be banned and the post should never see the light of day, so as to prevent potential injured feelings.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

........is that one of those native-american nicknames like those awful sports-team thingies use...????
Eeeeewwwwww, how insulting.
You know what Oprah would say,
she'd say....
pass the ribs, Chief, and gimme some of that butter.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
When I hear the word "bashing" I immediately assume the person doing the complaining is a wuss that is unable to deal with any idea not his own.  I have yet to be convinced otherwise.

Chief you are among adults here (for the most part) not children.  We are NOT a politically correct group, thank God.  What you propose is to shut down the board altogether!  If it offends you, don't read it.  Don't reply to it.  Just ignore it.  If you want to be PC go teach elementary school or work at social services.  Most of us here prefer to discuss real issues and attempt to learn or persuade others.  The vast majority rejects PC for the communist anti-freedom B.S. that it really is.  Do we sometimes go too far?  Yep.  I know I do.  Will I again?  Yep.  I ain't perfect and I DO make mistakes.  The only guy that was perfect got murdered in a most gruesome manner.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unfortunately for those of us who would like a family oriented pg (or better yet g-rated) forum, we are stuck with numerous evil doers who will stop at nothing to insult and bash everything.  The only possible solution is to ban them permanently when they first rear their ugly heads.

I propose that a committee should analyze each post for appropriate content before it is processed and added to a thread, anyone creating a thread or reply that could possibly be perceived as mildly offensive to any forum member or potential forum member should be banned and the post should never see the light of day, so as to prevent potential injured feelings.
View Quote

This post is so INCREDIBLY wrong that it might be a joke, but just to be on the safe side, I will post my response as if it's real.

You should be thrown out as a subversive, a communist and a liberal. Are you against Freedom of Speech? If you are, you're more-than-likely against the ENTIRE Constitution because with out FOS, everything else goes in a hurry.

This forum was made to be a haven to ESCAPE from people like you. Form a commitee, huh? Like the ACLU? Like Amnesty International?

Personally, I think its a bad thing for kids to be on the internet. Its good to teach them how to use a computer, but a whole 'nuther thing to let them cruise around the internet on their own...RATED "G"??? Good luck.

HEY! Maybe we could get Barney to be our mascot? Maybe we could get TeleTubbies as moderators? Tinky Winky with an AR...THAT might boost his manly factor!! Then we can get rid of all the bad people who make other people feel inferior because they are.

Chief-Illiniwek, I apologize to you if your post was a joke. If it was not a joke, I stand firm on my beliefs that you are messed-up and need a great big hug =)

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's do it for the children...........
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene"
quote]

ROFLMAO!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Let's do it for the children...........
View Quote

Awhh Man...That's my favorite Liberal response!
You beat me to it! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Fellas, fellas.

For those who don't know my former nickname was Fighting-Illini, and I have been banned more times than I can count.  I posted my remark in response to the pc bullshit that goes on here and this thread is a request to expand the amount of pc bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
If you boys want family oriented go to [url]www.disney.com[/url]

This is a GUN board that is geard twoard EVIL BLACK RIFLES. So if your feelings get hurt grow some thicker skin.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fellas, fellas.

For those who don't know my former nickname was Fighting-Illini, and I have been banned more times than I can count.  I posted my remark in response to the pc bullshit that goes on here and this thread is a request to expand the amount of pc bullshit.
View Quote

Sorry, I didn't know...LOL

Oh wait, I already apologized, never mind [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top