BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/18/2005 4:56:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.. we are doing pretty well in Fl.. wonder how 2001 to the current looks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
94,466 abortions performed not in New York, but NY City!

Table 3 shows that NY is by far the abortion capital of the US.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
So, why is it the governments business who and who does not have an abortion, and how many abortions there are total and state by state?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So, why is it the governments business who and who does not have an abortion, and how many abortions there are total and state by state?

Along the same lines, why is it our business?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+ a big one
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
As far as I am concerned, simply sick.  Too many by far.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
As far as I am concerned, simply sick.  Too many by far.

seriously.....looking at the 2300+ abortions in NYC after 21 weeks is simply sickening (I think ANY abortion is sickening...but at 21 WEEKS or later!?!!?)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting numbers.  I was really shocked to see that there were so few.  I expected much more.  It's nice to see that the number of abortions per year in the U.S. seems to be decreasing.  I'm willing to bet this has a lot to do with more education about safe sex, STDs, etc.  Very interesting.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#9]
It's being used as birth control.

Simply, people refuse to take responsibility for their actions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
No data from Kalifornia, from the tables I saw.

Also:  more abortions in NYC than in the entire state of TX?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Don't forget that there's a pop. of something like 21 million.  I think that's something like 1 abortion for about every 220 people.  According to the info in that table, that's like twice the rate here in Maine though.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There's a pop. difference of about 2 million and an abortion difference of about 16,000.  I think the rate is about the same.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a pop. difference of about 2 million and an abortion difference of about 16,000.  I think the rate is about the same.

No.

Population of State of Texas:  Approx 23 million
Population of New York City:  Approx 8 million

Total of abortions in NYC approx 10,000 more in NYC than TX according to table 8.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Population of State of Texas:  Approx 23 million
Population of New York City:  Approx 8 million

Total of abortions in NYC approx 10,000 more in NYC than TX according to table 8.

Oh yeah.   Gotcha.  I read the site wrong.  In that case, that's really odd...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#15]
875,000. That is a staggering number. More than the popuation of Denver, Colorado.

Utilitarian wise, I agree with Freakenomics and think killing all those unwanted babies makes society better.
But those numbers are just scary.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

we need it
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I can't believe we kill about a million people a year since 1977 and still call ourselves civilized. I don't think the Aztec's or the Romans come close to this high of death toll. Hitler only managed to kill 6 million. He's nothing.

Why am I in Iraq? Saddam didn't kill as many people in this country as we do in a year.

We do not deserve to be free in my opinion.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

uuhhh, because we are helping to pay for it?      

Practically speaking, keeping the liberals in NY from getting more votes may not be entirely a bad thing, but IMHO, it is interesting and maybe a little disturbing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I can't believe we kill about a million people a year since 1977 and still call ourselves civilized. I don't think the Aztec's or the Romans come close to this high of death toll. Hitler only managed to kill 6 million. He's nothing.

Why am I in Iraq? Saddam didn't kill as many people in this country as we do in a year.

Banning/outlawing something doesnt get rid of the problem.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Well, shit!

Let's decriminalize murder and rape then!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:42:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Practically speaking, keeping the liberals in NY from getting more votes may not be entirely a bad thing, but IMHO, it is interesting and maybe a little disturbing.

Thats pretty hypocritical really. You complain because you pay for abortions (Which is a minimal expense) but you also complain if you have to pay for the kid if its born.

Sooo, what do you want?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#22]
and if none of those aboration happen,how many of you would be bitching about them sitting at home drawing a check,becoming the next serial murder , crack heads or having more kids to keep getting their gov't hand outs!
how much does this save buy keeping the welfare rolls a little lower.so you can take those extra few dollars a week home.so you don't have to supprt someone else children.

yes,some of them could of been the next einstein.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats pretty hypocritical really. You complain because you pay for abortions (Which is a minimal expense) but you also complain if you have to pay for the kid if its born.

Sooo, what do you want?

Um, for the parents to raise their kids.
Amazing that raises such ire in you folks.
But instead you would rather threaten us with taking more of our money if some are actually expected to take responsibility for their actions. Just plain warped.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, shit!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
and if none of those aboration happen,how many of you would be bitching about them sitting at home drawing a check,becoming the next serial murder , crack heads or having more kids to keep getting their gov't hand outs!
how much does this save buy keeping the welfare rolls a little lower.so you can take those extra few dollars a week home.so you don't have to supprt someone else children.

yes,some of them could of been the next einstein.

Too late for you.

Why don't you pay to support my kids?
I'm telling ya, it is expensive. Let me know when you are sending the check out. It's getting close to Christmas so ya better hurry.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, shit!

Seems to me like they sort of did both with Roe v Wade.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#27]
I dont see how we are paying for it.....a friend of mine had an abortion....cost him over $1500.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I dont see how we are paying for it.....a friend of mine had an abortion....cost him over $1500.

Him?
Yeah, it is a real money making proposition. A doc who spends a day ripping babies apart makes about what I do in a month. Much lighter day also.

Doing evil pays well. Always has.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Him?
Yeah, it is a real money making proposition. A doc who spends a day ripping babies apart makes about what I do in a month. Much lighter day also.

Doing evil pays well. Always has.

I meant him and his ex.....she stopped taking Birth control and didnt tell him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#30]
All I know is Louisiana needs more abortions.  To many wards of the state criminal or other.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#31]
How about we just quit giving deadbeats money?

Why is that such a problem?
Sure makes sense. Why should someone draw a check for sitting on their ass while hardworking struggling people pay for them? And why do so few see the injustice in that?

Of course, if you don't see any injustice in killing little babies, I suppose it is hard for you to see the injustice in people using the rest of us like an old dishrag.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, I'll bite. It's December 2005, now. Why the sudden interest in statistics published in November 2003?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ok, I'll bite. It's December 2005, now. Why the sudden interest in statistics published in November 2003?

Because its the one that supports their opinion
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The stats always lag behind. Actually, I am pretty damn surprised they are up to 2003. Seriously.

I didn't look at them but are they only documented abortions or are "D&C"Aborts included. If not, those numbers fall way, way, short.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#35]
It is nice that the real number of abortions is falling despite population increase. It may be that abortion can be largely eliminated in  the future with better birth control practices. Frankly, as a libertarian I don't believe in state support for any type of medicine, but I'd rather have my money pay for birth control/ed for the poor than not pay and go along with more abortions. I know people will hate this, but i think they should enourage norplant (sp?) type birth control for all teenage girls. IMHO it is better than the alternative.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
How about we just quit giving deadbeats money?

Why is that such a problem?
Sure makes sense. Why should someone draw a check for sitting on their ass while hardworking struggling people pay for them? And why do so few see the injustice in that?

Of course, if you don't see any injustice in killing little babies, I suppose it is hard for you to see the injustice in people using the rest of us like an old dishrag.

Yeah I havn't figured that out, they try and justify the killing of theese babies by throwing the fact that they might end up on welfare in our face. SOMETHING I AM AGAINST ANYWAYS. One more person on it doesn't concern me, it is the system I have a problem with not the dollars.

I find it incredibly sick that anyone could even think that money is more important than life.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The stats always lag behind. Actually, I am pretty damn surprised they are up to 2003. Seriously.

I didn't look at them but are they only documented abortions or are "D&C"Aborts included. If not, those numbers fall way, way, short.

The link provided by Merrell are numbers that were published two years ago. Look at the header of the linked page. I'm sure they come out every year, and are at least available thru 2002.

Here's the November 2004 and 2005 surveillance studies. Why not argue your point with the most recent data?

Nov 2004

Nov 2005

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sooo, what do you want?

Um, for the parents to raise their kids.
Amazing that raises such ire in you folks.
But instead you would rather threaten us with taking more of our money if some are actually expected to take responsibility for their actions. Just plain warped.

No, actually what pisses ME off is ignorant inbred fucks that put words in my mouth.
Much like what YOUR doing.

I didnt say one way or the other which I prefer. Personally, i find the whole issue entirely amusing, as I've never seen grown folk get so worked up about such an insignifigant little peice of bullshit. I mean with all the problems in the world and THIS is what people choose to bitch about? Abortions?! Yeah, lets focus on the little worthless shit, while the big stuff just blows right past us.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Personally, i find the whole issue entirely amusing, as I've never seen grown folk get so worked up about such an insignifigant little peice of bullshit. I mean with all the problems in the world and THIS is what people choose to bitch about? Abortions?! Yeah, lets focus on the little worthless shit, while the big stuff just blows right past us.

If you think abortion is insignificant I find your whole moral scale to be severely fucked. Chopping up babies is not "little worthless shit" no matter how much some assholes try to dehumanize it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Personally, i find the whole issue entirely amusing, as I've never seen grown folk get so worked up about such an insignifigant little peice of bullshit. I mean with all the problems in the world and THIS is what people choose to bitch about? Abortions?! Yeah, lets focus on the little worthless shit, while the big stuff just blows right past us.

If you think abortion is insignificant I find your whole moral scale to be severely fucked. Chopping up babies is not "little worthless shit" no matter how much some assholes try to dehumanize it.

No wonder our politicians cant get any REAl work done, they have to pander to religious ignorant zealots.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So why have any laws at all?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#42]
I had nothing to do with any of those ladies in ND.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So why have laws against rape or murder?

Because without the law you can give no form of punishment. Duh. That doesnt mean passing the law stops it, it only gives recourse in the event the action is carried out.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because without the law you can give no form of punishment. Duh. That doesnt mean passing the law stops it, it only gives recourse in the event the action is carried out.

It does more than that, it reflects what our standard of decency is as a society.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No wonder our politicians cant get any REAl work done, they have to pander to religious ignorant zealots.

How is agreeing with our Founding Fathers that we have the inalienable right to life from the moment we are created make one a "ignorant religious zealot"?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It does more than that, it reflects what our standard of decency is as a society.

Oh really? So explain to me how the speed limit reflects our moral decency? How about drinking ages? Tax laws? Gun laws? How about the fact I cant buy alcohol on Sunday? Oh hears one, how does limiting the size of a fish I can pull from the lake reflect as us being a decent society?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is agreeing with our Founding Fathers that we have the inalienable right to life from the moment we are created make one a "ignorant religouss zealot"?

First off, I dont see anywhere in any founding document that we have that right when we are created. Your reading into it to fit YOUR agenda, EXACTLY like the libtards do to take our guns. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. In which case it shouldnt bother you that they want to ban guns right? because after all, their just reading it to fit todays society, just like you are.

Secondly, whether or not a woman can have an abortion is about the most petty shit I can see a superpower government having to deal with on the grounds that it is NOt our governments job to control our decency. Maybe we should ban porn? You know, cause its indecent. Better ban books that dont fit a certain mold too. And axe that freedom of speech, it could lead to indecent or imoral speeches.

I never said i was pro life or pro choice, so once again i have an ignorant Arfcommer putting words in my mouth or jump to conclusions. And quite frankly, my standing on the matter is of no signifigence to the issue. The simple fact is, abortions are not something the Feds need to be involved with on ANY level.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh really? So explain to me how the speed limit reflects our moral decency?
How about drinking ages?

Speed kills, drinking and driving kill. The laws about these exist to punish people who without compunction put the lives of others at risk.

Tax laws?Mostly unconstitutional.

Gun laws? What, you mean those laws that deny the right to keep and bear arms brought to us by the same people who deny the right to life from the moment we are created? THOSE laws?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

First off, I dont see anywhere in any founding document that we have that right when we are created. Your reading into it to fit YOUR agenda, EXACTLY like the libtards do to take our guns. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. In which case it shouldnt bother you that they want to ban guns right? because after all, their just reading it to fit todays society, just like you are.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rigthts, that among these is life.

seems as clear as

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It is only the libtards who say 2+2=5
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top