Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 4:35:38 PM EDT
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20130117/NEWS01/301170033/Police-investigate-abduction-CMU-Suspect-shot-killed

Video

One last Facebook status update capped a bizarre night of terror in central Michigan during which police say a prison parolee abducted a college student at gunpoint, raped her, set fire to a house, stole a flatbed truck and rammed three police cars.

"Well folkes im about to get shot. Peace."

That was the message Eric Ramsey posted from his cell phone to his Facebook page apparently just moments before he was fatally shot by a sheriff's deputy, ending a crime rampage that started in Mt. Pleasant and stretched 85 miles north to the Grayling area.

"I've been in this community for 35 years," said Central Michigan University Police Chief Bill Yeagley. "I don't remember anything like this."

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad that rancid little fuckshit is dead. Feel terribly for that poor girl he attacked, and the people whose property he stole and destroyed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Less serious charges than having an assault weapon with a post ban mag in New York?

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#3]
He supposedly did this with a bb gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Jesus
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
"A man's got to know his limitation." Dirty Harry
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
"You said rape twice"

"I like rape"
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Man that's a whole lot of WTF!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"You said rape twice"

"I like rape"

This might be worth rethinking, given the matter at hand.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Real happy to hear he was fatally shot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Prison parolee.  Say it isn't so.  I'm sure he was just about to turn his life around and become a productive member of society.  Thanks Jenny, for closing all those prisons so we have to kick folks out to the street.  Really 'preciate it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
What's funny is the comments on his post, there's a ton of girls still acting like he was just a poor misunderstood kid
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Never get into a car or leave anywhere with a kidnapper, Run, maybe they won't shoot, maybe they'll miss.
This.

Nothing they can do to you right here, right now is worse than what they can do to you when they have you somewhere they feel safe. Never, under any circumstances at all ever allow anyone to take you anywhere you don't want to do. Better to be stabbed or shot or stomped and die here and now while fighting or fleeing than to be tortured or raped or worse somewhere where nobody will ever find you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#14]
On parole?

do not know the background but how the hell did they let this guy out?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"You said rape twice"

"I like rape"

It's a quote from a movie. My brand of humor, no, but an attempt at it none the less.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Shocker.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Women should never ever follow a guy into a car. Even at gunpoint.

If the guy is a killer, she's prolly gonna die. There, or later on after being molested and god knows what,

If the guy is a rapist, chances are he won't shoot her for non complying and will prolly give up and look for a more cooperative victim later on

NEVER EVER go into their cars. No matter what the threat is

Edit: FUCK. Beat by the penguin
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"You said rape twice"

"I like rape"

It's a quote from a movie. My brand of humor, no, but an attempt at it none the less.

Yeah bad timing.  

Blazing saddles.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#19]
James Persyn III, 14, told the Free Press that he, his sister, Acelin, 11, and his 2-year-old brother, Angus, were home Wednesday night when they heard banging at the front door and a woman's cries for help.

"She was saying, 'Help me! Please let me in. Help! Help!' " James said. "I let her in, and she asked me if my parents were home. I told her no. She said, 'We've got to hide. I was just kidnapped, and I've just jumped out of a vehicle. We've got to hide now.' "

James said he grabbed his hunting knife from his bedroom and told his siblings and the woman to go in the bathroom. He stood by the bathroom door, while the others went into the bathtub.

They heard a man believed to be the woman's attacker pounding at the front door, demanding to be let in.

"You were just afraid for your life. You didn't know if you were going to live or not," James said.

The woman called 911 and then James called his father, who had left to pick up his fiancée from a nearby store and pizza shop where she works.

The woman told James she had a broken arm from jumping out of the vehicle. Meanwhile, police said, Ramsey poured gasoline around the house and lit it on fire. He then took off.

The father, James Persyn Jr., rushed to the house. When he arrived, the man who had been banging on the door was gone and the front of the house was on fire. Persyn smothered and stomped out the flames, and called for his children. Police arrived at about the same time.

I wish James had had a gun to protect himself, his sister, brother and the rape victim.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd say James earned his Man Card.  Boy grabbed his hunting knife and prepared to do what was needed.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd say James earned his Man Card.  Boy grabbed his hunting knife and prepared to do what was needed.  

My 14 year old wouldn't have had to do what was needed with an inferior weapon. He has been taught to safely handle and fire handguns, rifles and shotguns since he was able to understand what I was teaching him. When I leave him at home alone, he has access to a Glock 17 with a +2 extension for a total of 20 rounds of 147gr Ranger T hollow points in the pistol, along with 2 extra +2 equipped mags. He is very proficient and confident with this equipment. Bad guy may get in, but his chances of doing what he was planning on will not be quite as good as he hoped for.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow what a hit on the blue canoe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top