Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 10:30:47 AM EDT
Ok, I have to brag on my mother a bit.

We live about 10 miles outside of town, and for some reason, assholes find it to be a perfect spot to dump dogs.
We always got 5 or 6 a year growing up, and we wound up adopting a few, but most we had to take to the pound.

I'm off at college, but the strays haven't stopped. About a year ago, my mom noticed two emaciated strays in the drainage
ditch about a mile from our house.  She went back with food and found them to be living in the drainage pipe pictured below:

One female and one male. They wouldn't let her get too close, so she had to set the food down and walk away before they would
eat. The male had a horrible limp and she knew they needed help.

She spent the next week or so feeding them and gaining their trust.  Once she felt they would let a human handle them, she called
a local no-kill shelter "Fuzzy Friends Rescue" and told them her story.  With my Mom's assistance, they were able to come get the dogs
and give them care.

The female was adopted about a week later, but the male was in bad shape. It turns out, the gimpy leg was due to a gunshot wound,
most likely a .22

They had to amputate, but he survived and was adopted a short time later Fuzzy Friends was able to track down my Mother through
her company and sent her this pic today:

His name is "Lucky" and he is doing fine

They were extremely grateful and wanted my Mom to know "she done good." I know I am extremely proud!
I am a bit of a hard-ass, but my love for animals comes straight from her and she is a great Mom to boot

Anyway, this is my "Cool Story Bro" story of the day...but I think this is very cool so I wanted to share with ARFCOM

Give your pets a big hug tonight...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#1]
no way is this a CSB thread - I love it when people go above the call of duty and make a difference in a dog's life.  Your mom is an angel.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
We have people that dump animals at our place also.
The pound charges $35 to take in dogs.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You have a great mom.

Really nice story.

but every time I read a story like this I dislike most people even more.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Your mom is a saint!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You have a great mom.

Really nice story.

but every time I read a story like this I dislike most people even more.

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Kick ass.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
no way is this a CSB thread - I love it when people go above the call of duty and make a difference in a dog's life.  Your mom is an angel.

Thank you very much...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top