Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/1/2006 4:44:14 PM EDT
Anyone going to watch the Dallas SWAT series on A&E? I believe my local cable is going to be brodcasting it on Thursdays at 9 centeral. I was lucky enough to catch a preview but for all you officers like me that rarely watch TV it might be worth checking out.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:22:32 PM EDT
It got panned in the local news. Too much emphasis on one of the members social life...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=218586
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:11:33 AM EDT
So the preview earlier. May try to watch or at least DVR a few episodes, and see how it is.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:05:45 AM EDT
I hurt my foot at the ballet...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:06:37 AM EDT
I heard that there's a show called Texas SWAT that is MUCH better, but I haven't seen it yet. Guess I need to DVR it...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:03:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:17:10 PM EDT
I'm conflicted on what I think.
Really like the call out parts of the show.
Not too keen on the personal lives part. Competition thing I understood, girlfriend/wives part really don't need to know about.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:04:41 PM EDT
I liked Texas swat alot better, but both were fine except for the personal life crap.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:11:41 AM EDT
TOO MUCH "Look how cool I am" crap.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:29:54 AM EDT
I liked what I saw of it...fell asleep on the couch about halfway through.

Now, if any television crew wanted to show my family, my house, and my POV, we'd have some issues. That is not going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 1:31:04 PM EDT
I saw Texas Swat. Seemed ok. I just don't like the media exploiting police work! Joohn Q citizen does not understand why 5 cops may subdue one violent female or anyone for that matter. They will never understand no matter how you explain it.

"The guy only had a kinfe, why did you have to shoot him. Why didn't you use a pressure point and take the knife away. Why did you have to kill him. Couldn't you have shot the knife out of his hand? Why couldn't you shoot him in the foot?"

Or this one:

"Why did you have to tazer that lady. She's a mother. Just because she tried taking your baton and scratched you didn't mean you had to use excessive force and taze her! Your bigger than her! She only had meth on her because she has a drug problem. It is not her fault."

This is the left wing approach from John Q citizen watching cop TV. Why bother!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2006 2:20:42 PM EDT by bruh44]
I think that was the show I was watching that was talking about how anyone can buy an AK-47 that shoots 600 rounds per minute. If it wasnt that one, it was a different show about SWAT. Either way, they always find the one cop that will tell their watchers what they want them too it seems. All the cops I work withand all the others I have known in the past would not either be miss informed about what guns can do, or just plain out lie like that. It must be a California thing. I don't know that they are lying, maybe they just don't know, but either way it pisses me off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:36:47 AM EDT
I would have to say based on the previews before the season started and the actually show I am a little disappointed. I think its a pretty decent show, but I agree there is too much personal / family life stuff
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 6:34:52 PM EDT by Chokey]
"suspect has a automatic pistol, his clip is loaded"

must be part of that Special Weapons And Tactics
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:42:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Digbush:

"The guy only had a kinfe, why did you have to shoot him. Why didn't you use a pressure point and take the knife away. Why did you have to kill him. Couldn't you have shot the knife out of his hand? Why couldn't you shoot him in the foot?"

Steven Segal does it all the time

I also wondered about the "clip" on last nights show. I think it was a rerun and the show has only been on for a month tops.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:48:21 AM EDT
I enjoyed watching the SWAT team member getting his hair bleached blonde.

That was the first and last time I will watch that crap.
Top Top