Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/26/2002 7:16:17 PM EDT
I just watched news coverage of a 79 year old woman's murder in an Irving, Texas neighborhood that has seen a dozen burglaries in the past few months. Her neighbors were speculating that the burglar was walked in on by the lady who was murdered. The neighbor characterized the burglar as "a wolf among the sheep," apparently without realizing that [b]THAT MAKES HER A GD SHEEP![/B] It's astounding to me in this day and age, and in this state that is famous for taking on insurmountable odds, people don't realize that sheep and wolf aren't the only two options. Haven't they ever heard of sheepdogs? This neighbor lady who made this ridiculous statement was in her fifties or sixties, not some GenX public school drone. I know I shouldn't be this shocked, but damn! JarThe(ArmedandDangerous)Head [(:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:25:51 PM EDT
Idiots come in all ages, it appears! I just cannot imagine an elderly woman not having a weapon nowadays! There was a story here in Texas, several years ago, of a 90-something woman who had shot a would-be burglar dead in her hallway. When the police were leaving the scene, after the coroner's office had removed the body, they asked the elderly lady is she were all right and if they could do anything for her. 'I'm just fine', she said, 'but could one of you gentlemen, help me reload my revolver? My fingers have gotten to where it's real hard for me to do it!' Amazed, they emptied the spent cases and reloaded her revolver for her! Now that's Texas! And that's a real woman! Eric The(ProudAsPunch)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:28:17 PM EDT
Was the 90 year old lady Jewish ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:35:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Amazed, they emptied the spent cases and reloaded her revolver for her! Now that's Texas! And that's a real woman! Eric The(ProudAsPunch)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
And the coolest thing about that story is that the cops reloaded her revolver and handed it back to her instead of tagging and bagging it as evidence and cuffing and stuffing her in the backseat of a squad car. Semper Texas!
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:40:47 PM EDT
Post from 5subslr5 -
Was the 90 year old lady Jewish?
View Quote
Now, now, subsailor, stop that! You're not that kind of [i][b]goy[/b][/i]![:D] Eric The(WhatAmI?ChoppedLiver?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:50:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Jarhead_22: This neighbor lady who made this ridiculous statement was in her fifties or sixties, not some GenX public school drone.
View Quote
Probably one of those Sheila Jackson-Lee supporters.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:00:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Macallan: Probably one of those Sheila Jackson-Lee supporters.
View Quote
I don't know, man. Sheila Jackson-Lee couldn't get elected dogcatcher's assistant around here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 3:38:39 AM EDT
i bet when we are 90, they won't reload our revolvers. they'll confiscate them [v]
Top Top