Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 12:10:39 PM EDT
Just read this in the paper this morning that 193,000 of Idaho's 1.3 million people are on Medicare.  This statistic is very troubling to me.  In the very near future, Idaho taxpayers will spend more on Medicare than education.

What's the percentage of Medicare recipients in your state?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Its aged based, so expect the numbers to grow as the Baby Boomers age. Looking now for NY stats.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Its aged based, so expect the numbers to grow as the Baby Boomers age. Looking now for NY stats.

And disability-based.  Medicare costs are out of control in this state.  They went up something like 12 percent since last year.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And disability-based.  Medicare costs are out of control in this state.  They went up something like 12 percent since last year.

So what percentage of Idahos' population is Native American? When I lived on the Nez Pearce Res, 99% of everybody was on welfare. Taking into account all the Native Americans being on Medicare might go a ong way to explaining it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:05:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Idaho is 90 percent white, 8 percent Hispanic, and the other two percent represents Native Americans, Asians, and blacks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just read this in the paper this morning that 193,000 of Idaho's 1.3 million people are on Medicare.  This statistic is very troubling to me.  In the very near future, Idaho taxpayers will spend more on Medicare than education.

What's the percentage of Medicare recipients in your state?

In Ontario, where I'm from, the gov't spends >60% of its budget on healthcare and it is still growing at a rapid pace.  If nothing is done, by 2016, >90% of the budget will be spent on healthcare.  Yet 50,000,000 people voted for John Kerry in the last election.  Pretty scary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top