Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2001 5:54:48 PM EDT
My buddy who is an armorer in the Mo National Guard said that they are about to turn in 14 vietnam era M-14 match grade sniper rifles. These were used before the M-21 system came out I think. These beautiful weapons will be cut in half and turned into paperclips for the liberal anti gun bills. I cant believe they wont let us buy these back from the guard. I think an armory raid is in order here...just joking. Can anyone else believe that they are going to do this?
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What a f***ing waste.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They should be sold in a auction to raise money.  The money could then be used to pay for Alec Baldwin's ticket out of the country.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
have your buddy try to convince the higher ups to give them to the state (emergency management agency.  in Georgia they call it GEMA.  law enforcement agencies can get these weapons instead of destroying them.  the ones i have seen were converted to semi...it least they are not paper clips.  Gema gives our dept crap loads of military gear, used but in real good shape.  weapons are regularly available.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
ABN RGR
 Hey, can you email privately and give me more
info.  Like who where what and all that BS.
 My PD is looking for military equipment and we are in the 1033 program for this kind of stuff, we might be able to save these rifles.

Pakrat
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
that would be nice. i wish the higher ups in my pd wernt a bunch a gun scared liberals
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#7]
somewhere thier is a sherrif with an SKS in his trunk, and uncle sam is gonna send such a fine rifle to the block, typical tax dollars at work. at private sale, those things would bring a HUGE amount per rifle, but oh well, its not my money......err.......wait, MOTHERF***ER, dammit
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
that would be nice. i wish the higher ups in my pd wernt a bunch a gun scared liberals
View Quote
Where in JAWJA are you, huey?
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#10]
That story makes me want to cry. [>(]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Those rifles were paid for with American tax dollars, and they should be offered back to the American taxpayer before any are chopped up. This is so typical of our wasteful government. I would not be surprised to find out that this wasteful policy is in place all across America. Some politicians friend or large contributor is going to get a NEW multi-million dollar rifle contract to resupply these rifles. It smells so much like that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 3:53:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On the other hand, ask him just what has to be turned in... if only the part with the serial number, well, you know.....

And where are all those mags going to.... those are expendable items ya know....
View Quote

HMMMM......
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I just found out that these are not full auto. They have been made semi only for use in high power matches. They are completely match-grade and in great shape for as old as they are. They were used as sniper rifles before and had since been transferred to the guard. Anyone have an idea how much they might be worth?
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#14]
So far they are safe. There are actually people here who hate to see the waste. I imagine they will eventually be scrapped. What a shame.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Call your Senators and Representative ASAP. Get in touch with the Congressmen on the Armed services committees. Or try to arrange to have these transfered to a Spec. ops unit. The SEALS are still using M-14's and would probably like to have some more. Do anything you can to keep these from being destroyed short of breaking the law. Get on the phone and send some e-mails and stall the turn in as long as you can. Some unit out there can use these. Even if they can be sent over seas as foreign aid at least there is a chance they might come back after all this anti gun crap dies down. Do it now, do it for the children!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top