Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/6/2004 7:13:51 PM EST
Tonight I remembered one shooting range outing. I was educating two non shooters on guns and safety. All I had was a SAR-1 and a single shot break action 20 gauge (funny part is that the female shot the 20 gauge, but the guy I brought along was to scared of the recoil). When shooting was called to a halt by the RO we went to change our targets I asked who owned the AR15 on one bench. The owner said it was his and I complimented that he had a fine gun. Well a few 30 round magazines later I heard the AR15 owner shouting at me. I put the SAR-1 down and he had a 20 round magazine loaded and ready for me. I asked for instructions on how to use it (I already operated an M-16A2, but I didn't know how similar the AR15 was) then I shot it. It was fun shooting and then he let my two friends try it out. I later asked if he wanted to shoot my SAR-1, but he declined and said he has his own. I now own a AR15 and need to thank those friendly range shooters who share their toys with stangers
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:29:01 PM EST
Cool story..They aint nuttin like goin to the range and Talkin to some fine folks who are courteous!

Pass it on the next time u go and ill do the same!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:30:22 PM EST
it took you 1745 post to get to a thank you.

Oh well better late than never, be safe and happy shooting
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:32:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/6/2004 7:33:06 PM EST by Jaybo]
You did better than I did. Last time I went to the range, I met up with an old dude who was teaching his grandkids to shoot. They knew most of the appropriate rules, a la Eddie Eagle, but Gramps had apparently decided that hearing protection was no biggie.

Thanks, pal. No, I really didn't want to shoot any more with the big loud stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:40:14 PM EST
I normally try to help people at the range. I also let them try out my stuff sometime. I let a few people try out the 50cal when I had it,
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:01:16 PM EST
good job!!!the gang I shoot with pass their guns around like a $2.00 crack ho!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:32:16 PM EST
if it wasnt for cool people at the ranges I would never have had the chance to try out so many cool NFA toys I will probly never be able to afford let alone buy since some were post 86 ds with no ttransferablesi n existence.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:07:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/7/2004 6:08:04 AM EST by Older_Crow]
If anyone shows interest in any of my firearms I always ask if they would like to try 'em out. 'Bout 50% of them do.

Edited to add: Gangbangers need not approach!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:13:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By Older_Crow:
If anyone shows interest in any of my firearms I always ask if they would like to try 'em out. 'Bout 50% of them do.

Edited to add: Gangbangers need not approach!

DITTO
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:18:42 AM EST
I've meet a few guys at ranges who were dicks, but vast majority are very friendly and more than willing to share their toys. Heck, I sometimes am more excited seeing a newbie shoot my guns than I am to shoot them (the guns, not the newbies ) myself.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:24:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By BookHound:
Heck, I sometimes am more excited seeing a newbie shoot my guns than I am to shoot them (the guns, not the newbies ) myself.

Me too! I often wonder how long those smiles last.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:40:08 AM EST
This thread is great!

To whoever let me shoot their HK G36 on FA, THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:48:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By mmsig229:
good job!!!the gang I shoot with pass their guns around like a $2.00 crack ho!!!!

sounds like the DFW crew!!!!!

Brothers ALL.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:01:16 AM EST
At my last trip to the range, a guy let me shoot his revolver with some plus p rounds, and then brought a box of hydroshocks over to shoot in my 1911. He shot a couple and then left me the box! I was smiling like I just got asked to the prom when I left.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 10:18:25 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jaybo:
You did better than I did. Last time I went to the range, I met up with an old dude who was teaching his grandkids to shoot. They knew most of the appropriate rules, a la Eddie Eagle, but Gramps had apparently decided that hearing protection was no biggie.

Thanks, pal. No, I really didn't want to shoot any more with the big loud stuff.

I always keep a full pack of foam hearing protection with me at the range. I dont think I've ever gone to the range and had everyone remember ear protection.
Top Top