Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 8:13:51 PM EDT
Tonight I remembered one shooting range outing.  I was educating two non shooters on guns and safety. All I had was a SAR-1 and a single shot break action 20 gauge (funny part is that the female shot the 20 gauge, but the guy I brought along was to scared of the recoil).  When shooting was called to a halt by the RO we went to change our targets I asked who owned the AR15 on one bench.  The owner said it was his and I complimented that he had a fine gun.  Well a few 30 round magazines later I heard the AR15 owner shouting at me.  I put the SAR-1 down and he had a 20 round magazine loaded and ready for me.  I asked for instructions on how to use it (I already operated an M-16A2, but I didn't know how similar the AR15 was) then I shot it.  It was fun shooting and then he let my two friends try it out.  I later asked if he wanted to shoot my SAR-1, but he declined and said he has his own.  I now own a AR15 and need to thank those friendly range shooters who share their toys with stangers
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool story..They aint nuttin like goin to the range and Talkin to some fine folks who are courteous!

Pass it on the next time u go and ill do the same!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
it took you 1745 post to get to a thank you.

Oh well better late than never,  be safe and happy shooting
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You did better than I did. Last time I went to the range, I met up with an old dude who was teaching his grandkids to shoot. They knew most of the appropriate rules, a la Eddie Eagle, but Gramps had apparently decided that hearing protection was no biggie.

Thanks, pal. No, I really didn't want to shoot any more with the big loud stuff.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I normally try to help people at the range.  I also let them try out my stuff sometime.  I let a few people try out the 50cal when I had it,
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
good job!!!the gang I shoot with pass their guns around like a $2.00 crack ho!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
if it wasnt for cool people at the ranges I would never have had the chance to try out so many cool NFA toys I will probly never be able to afford let alone buy since some were post 86 ds with no ttransferablesi n existence.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#7]
If anyone shows interest in any of my firearms I always ask if they would like to try 'em out. 'Bout 50% of them do.

Edited to add: Gangbangers need not approach!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If anyone shows interest in any of my firearms I always ask if they would like to try 'em out. 'Bout 50% of them do.

Edited to add: Gangbangers need not approach!

DITTO
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I've meet a few guys at ranges who were dicks, but vast majority are very friendly and more than willing to share their toys.  Heck, I sometimes am more excited seeing a newbie shoot my guns than I am to shoot them (the guns, not the newbies ) myself.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Heck, I sometimes am more excited seeing a newbie shoot my guns than I am to shoot them (the guns, not the newbies ) myself.

Me too! I often wonder how long those smiles last.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#11]
This thread is great!

To whoever let me shoot their HK G36 on FA,  THANK YOU!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
good job!!!the gang I shoot with pass their guns around like a $2.00 crack ho!!!!

sounds like the DFW crew!!!!!

Brothers ALL.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#13]
At my last trip to the range, a guy let me shoot his revolver with some plus p rounds, and then brought a box of hydroshocks over to shoot in my 1911. He shot a couple and then left me the box! I was smiling like I just got asked to the prom when I left.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You did better than I did. Last time I went to the range, I met up with an old dude who was teaching his grandkids to shoot. They knew most of the appropriate rules, a la Eddie Eagle, but Gramps had apparently decided that hearing protection was no biggie.

Thanks, pal. No, I really didn't want to shoot any more with the big loud stuff.

I always keep a full pack of foam hearing protection with me at the range.  I dont think I've ever gone to the range and had everyone remember ear protection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top