Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/17/2002 6:07:02 PM EST
I understand the needed vigilance of the citizenry against terrorism of the style we got on 9/11 but what of a nasty terror that this country has been subjected to for some time and IS at a condition red level? That I feel is the predators who are targeting the young of this country. They are every where, lurking around neighborhoods rich and poor. They "hunt" their prey to satisfy there twisted sexual appetite. Why in the hell is this country as a whole not fighting this in some organized way? It comes up every once in awhile on the news but never goes truly away. How many kids who are missing in this country today have been victims of this, very large in my opinion, group of violent pedophile monsters? Do we need some vigilanteism to deal with these freaks? Sorry maybe I'm over reacting but this latest girl abducted, raped and then killed has made me snap. It hits close to home. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:43:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 6:52:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:02:17 PM EST
I imagine if he is eventually caught, he'll use that as his defense. I'm betting they think this was some Mexican boy-whore who needs to now lash out at little girls. I hope they kill him in a way never imagined and it takes atleast 10 years to accomplish. Did this happen in the 50's and 60's or are these new breeds of killers/sexual psychopaths that prey on kids?
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:05:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By RobDog: Why in the hell is this country as a whole not fighting this in some organized way?
View Quote
The average citizen is much more interested in their financial portfolio, football season, beer, and their own gratification to pay much attention... they give it a passing glance then go back to their little world. Short Attention Span Theatre... I wonder if in the last days of the Roman Empire their citizens behaved in the same self-indulgent manner...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:09:08 PM EST
don't talk to me about child molesters. i work in a prison. about 35% of the inmates are sex offenders.the average sentence for a baby rapist is 8 years. it really chaps my ass to see these people justify themselves. if you really want to see the worst society has to offer,become a corrections officer!
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:10:18 PM EST
Do a Google search on the words "child abuse", find an organization that interests you, and get involved. There's only, like, 8 billion sites and places and people interested and *doing something* about this. That is, unless you just want to rant about it...
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:37:38 PM EST
To a very large extent, our so called "justice system" is at fault. Example, here in WA State a level-3 sex offender (these are thought that they WILL offend again) was placed in a half way house within 1 mile of a middle school where a couple of my grand kids attend. Needless to say, the neighborhood was/is in an outrage. WA's DSHS continues to put these sick whackos out in homes near grade and middle schools. Is almost a joke. But what follows after they strike again is not! W
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 7:48:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 2:17:54 AM EST
Thanks for the suggestion on getting involved. I don't think I am "ranting". Sure it gets me worked up but I also feel that by posting about it another person may wake up to the problem. Cya Rob
Top Top