Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:16 AM EDT
hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/newslocal/local?_mode=view&view=LocalNewsArticleView&articleId=1258774

Day Laborers Scared Away from Convenience Store    
02-02-2006 9:29 AM

(Woodbridge, VA) -- Some day laborers who were waiting for work in Woodbridge were scared away from a convenience store yesterday. "The Washington Post" reports in an odd case of mistaken identity, several laborers absconded from the 7-Eleven near Longview Drive when some official-looking types arrived on the scene. It turns out they were Virginia Department of Transportation workers, who had come to count cars and pedestrians. But, thinking the workers were part of the Minutemen Project, the laborers had left and called advocacy groups. A spokesman with Mexicans Without Borders tells the "Post" the incident highlights tension and fear among the area's immigrant community.

They called someone to complain .......

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
This shit has gotten completely out of fucking hand.

We need to mine the border, shoot illegal crossers, and offer rewards for people who turn in illegals.

It's getting so that I can't walk ANYWHERE in this fucking country without running into some Spanish-only-speaking shitbag.

They're giving people like EdSr. and my parents a bad name.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
hmmm the Minutemen Project works that's great.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I beleive the best thing you can do is buy guns and ammo, and stand by for the day I really think is coming, and soon.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Fuckem'.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you tell him it is no different than if a child molester or bank robber runs when a cop shows up?  Lawbreakers run.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]
saw that on the tube last night! hilarious seeing all those guys skulking away looking over their shoulders. i shoulda put on my migra cap and run after them with a butterfly net!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Mexicans Without Borders? I'm considering starting an advocacy group of my own: Patriots Without Impulse Control.

Who's in?

I'm in!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mexicans Without Borders? I'm considering starting an advocacy group of my own: Patriots Without Impulse Control.

Who's in?

I'm in!!!

+1!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did you tell him it is no different than if a child molester or bank robber runs when a cop shows up?  Lawbreakers run.

+1.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Who's in?

I'm there!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#12]
+1 i am in
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Who's in?

If your organization is gonna be PWIC then Elmer Fudd must be the mascot.

ETA: "Be vewy, vewy quiet, we're hunting iwwegals."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#14]
If they were not doing something wrong they would not run away.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A spokesman with Mexicans Without Borders tells the "Post" the incident highlights tension and fear among the area's immigrant community.

Here they are: http://www.mexicanossinfronteras.org/ link left cold.....
Address:
1247 E St., SE
Washington, DC 20003
202-544-9355 ext 15

Sounds like someone needs a counter protest in front of their offices.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A spokesman with Mexicans Without Borders tells the "Post" the incident highlights tension and fear among the area's immigrant community.

Here they are: http://www.mexicanossinfronteras.org/ link left cold.....
Address:
1247 E St., SE
Washington, DC 20003
202-544-9355 ext 15

Sounds like someone needs a counter protest in front of their offices.

The phone just rings , no one will pick up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#17]
I think of this every time...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

thanks for the laugh
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:25:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Screw 'em.  It's too bad that it wasn't REALLY the INS coming to round them up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#21]
"911, What's your emergency?"

"Yes, Hello?"

"What is your emergency?"

"Yes, I am illegally here in your country.  I was loitering in a parking lot with a few dozen of my fellow illegal aliens.  We were looking for someone to pay us cash to do labor, so we can circumvent your tax structure.  We saw some people in uniforms, and it really scared us.  Can you please tell people in uniforms to stay away from us?  It interferes with our illegal labor practices."
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This shit has gotten completely out of fucking hand.

We need to mine the border, shoot illegal crossers, and offer rewards for people who turn in illegals.

It's getting so that I can't walk ANYWHERE in this fucking country without running into some Spanish-only-speaking shitbag.

They're giving people like EdSr. and my parents a bad name.

Tell us how you really feel.

By the way...

+1,000,000  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
hamptonroads.cox.net/cci/newslocal/local?_mode=view&view=LocalNewsArticleView&articleId=1258774

Day Laborers Scared Away from Convenience Store    
02-02-2006 9:29 AM

(Woodbridge, VA) -- Some day laborers who were waiting for work in Woodbridge were scared away from a convenience store yesterday. "The Washington Post" reports in an odd case of mistaken identity, several laborers absconded from the 7-Eleven near Longview Drive when some official-looking types arrived on the scene. It turns out they were Virginia Department of Transportation workers, who had come to count cars and pedestrians. But, thinking the workers were part of the Minutemen Project, the laborers had left and called advocacy groups. A spokesman with Mexicans Without Borders tells the "Post" the incident highlights tension and fear among the area's immigrant community.

Absolutely amazing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Remember the Alamo, for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:12:48 AM EDT
[#25]
The shooting range I go to is right across the street. I normally stop in there while wearing my pistol on my hip and wearing a RAID tshirt that says "DHS Federal Officer"  in big gold letters on the back. You oughtta see those boys run

They've actually come up to my truck and asked me if I needed workers, it all changes when I get out of my truck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#26]

A spokesman with Mexicans Without Borders tells the "Post" the incident highlights tension and fear among the area's immigrant ILLEGAL ALIEN community.

Well, WTF are ILLEGAL ALIENS supposed to feel from the authorities????? Love & compassion?

I hate how these groups refer to illegal aliens as immigrants.  My parents are immigrants, they came here legally & became citizens legally, please do not put these people in the same category as my parents & the millions of others who have come here legally.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top